A Trek series I want to see? Trek: Time Cops.

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Dale Sams, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was thinking about Voyager and wondering "How many times did a crew member reset the timeline cause THEY didn't like how things turned out?" Two? Three??

And how many times did the time cops go after them unrelated to those incidents?

Let's get the Trek version of Jonathan Hickman, and have him be a showrunner who cleverly ties everything in Trek in a bow.

The show would have full access to the history of Trek, AND its own deal.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    Lord Garth likes this.
  2. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

I want Jean-Claude Van Damme in it. ;)

The Wormhole and Tim Thomason like this.
  3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

It would be fun for ultra-diehard fans, but I don't think it'd have any casual appeal at all.

There is a novel series, Department of Temporal Investigations which covers this ground. The first instalment, Watching the Clock is probably the best.

I'm glad Discovery
    Is skipping past Trek's time cop and temporal war era, and landing us in the aftermath to explore the state of the galaxy.

4. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

A show from the future perspective of the temporal cold war could be neat as it could tell us the expanded story of 25th through 28th centuries.

5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

The time cops would work better as a recurring element in another series rather than having their own series. If anything, I often thought Voyager should have done more with them, but then considering Enterprise basically used Mr. Daniels as the guy who would deflect time travel questions with "you wouldn't understand" maybe it's for the best they didn't.

Although a thought I just had while writing this post, the time cop idea might be an interesting avenue for doing that anthology series set in a different era of the Trek universe Bryan Fuller originally wanted to do instead of Disco. Although not strictly an anthology series, there would be a regular cast consisting of the timeship's crew, and have them spend each season in a different Trek era.

Farscape One and Shamrock Holmes like this.
  6. Falconer

Falconer Commander Red Shirt

Isn’t Discovery kind of doing that?

7. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Based on the two episodes of Voyager in which they were featured, you're basically asking for a show where each episode deals with the time cops having to fix a problem which they created in the first place. In other words, a show about the most inept and incompetent law enforcement personnel since the Keystone Kops.

Tim Thomason likes this.
  8. I like it!! Make the show now!

Shamrock Holmes likes this.
  9. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I DID think this would make for a better animated series then Lower Decks!

And i want Matt Berry involved.

10. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not really. They are moving into the distant future for the third season, but the official word at the moment is they're staying there permanently.