A "The Clone Wars" series preview trailer on-line!!!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Johnny Rico, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not sure if this is a direct link or not, but Cartoon Network has their site up for the Clone Wars, and they have two videos up to preview the series. One is just a teaser showing the Cartoon Network's logo 'CN' on the back of a ship, but the other is a rather long trailer for the series itself, and I must say that this series with eventually and ultimately blow away the original Clone Wars animated series.

Here's the link: http://theclonewars.cartoonnetwork.com/?cid=swtcw_search

If it's not a direct link, just click on the Video link in the nav menu. And the long trailer is Video 1.

BTW, the series starts on Friday, 10.3.08 @ 9pm ET. I'll be setting my DVR for sure.

2. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks good, nice to see General Grievious.
    I enjoyed the movie for what it was, so I'm looking forward to this. Just a question though, are the episodes 30mins long? (with space for commercials I suppose)

3. BlackestPanther

BlackestPanther Lieutenant Commander

Looks only slightly less crappy than the movie. They need to ditch the padawan. She's going to end up more reviled than Jar Jar Binks.

4. Johnny Rico

Yeah...30 minutes air-time = 22 minutes actual program content.

I haven't seen the movie yet, as I'm waiting for the DVD or if they show it as the "pilot" first.

In any case, I don't mind the humor within. It can't be too dark for the kiddies.

5. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

You know what's missing in the three prequels? Hyperspace jumps!

6. InklingStar

InklingStar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That was actually deliberate. On one of the commentaries, George Lucas mentions that he did not put any POV jumps in the prequels so that people watching them in order would see something new and exciting by Episode 4. :)

7. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

We don't get Cartoon Network HD (at least not yet, here) but I heard something about TBS or TNT airings, which we do get.

8. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks awesome! :techman:

9. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

So will we be completely lost if we didn't see the Clone Wars movie in theaters?

10. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fully clothed Y-Wings look nice. Here's hoping they'll put in a Victory class Star Destroyer as well.

11. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Looks fantastic! I'm looking forward to watching it on DVD ...

12. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Er... why does that animation look considerably better than the movie (or at least what I saw from the previews)?

13. Icy_Penguigo

Icy_Penguigo Captain Captain

Hmm, looks cool. The movie was kind of silly and cheesy but it was fun. The baby hutt was disturbing though. I love General Grievous and I hope he is featured a lot in the show.

Also, if you didn't see the movie you won't be lost. The movie was basically just a self-contained episode.

14. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I thought I read somewhere that it was going to be Cartoon Network only now (it's owned by the same company that owns TBS & TNT)?

15. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

Those lines on Assaj Ventress's jaw make he look like an old woman.

Battle Droids continue to suck, and an underrated factor in why the prequel era stinks as much as it does.

Shit, you know I'll watch the show anyway...or give it a shot.

16. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hang about...isn't the TV series supposed to be live-action? :confused:

17. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!
    ^ Welcome to 2004, Bablooie.

No, once again there are TWO tv series - the first is the one premiering in a few weeks. It is the Clone Wars CGI animated series aimed at kids. The recent theatrically released "film" was, from some reports, basically the first few episodes edited together for a longer format and some more dough.

The second series is the one most of us are interested in. THAT ONE is the live action series and is set between ROTS and ANH. It is supposed to be coming next year but might end up being in 2010. Or maybe never.

18. Hunter X

Hunter X Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The stream of "Roger rogers" at the end amused me, though. Kind of an obvious "suck it" to people that complain about those elements of the prequels. I wasn't a fan of their slapstick in the movies, but I appreciate the cheeky humour here.

19. Johnny Rico

Yeah, I got a chuckle out of that too...I think it was a play on the "Doctor...Doctor" thing that has been used to death ever since "Spies Like Us".

In anycase, I really don't see how this series is "so geared towards the kiddies" though. Yeah, so what? They use a bit of humor in it from time to time. Hell, the original trilogy did too...the only difference is that a lot of us were kids at the time of their release. So let's face it, that the film and animated versions of Star Wars so far have been a bit kid friendly. Except that damn Yoda thing in TESB scared the shit out of me back in '80 when I was just a wee bit 6 year old. :lol: Luckily I had the benefit of reading the graphic novel of ROTJ before to prepare me for the Rancor!

Besides, this series will actually, and ironically, be the first Star Wars film/TVseries that is a real war drama. Unlike the movies that were more or less character and political dramas with the occasional battle.

Do the Clones and the Battle Droids have the same personalities as the Rebels and Imperial Stromtroopers? No, but so what? Open up your mind a little bit and accept that the PT and its "universe" to be this generations version of SW.

20. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

It looks rather enjoyable. It's a kids show but I know I'll be watching. :techman: