A Novel Approach (Bonus Feature on The Wrath of Khan)

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Smiley, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Smiley

Smiley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

First of all, this is a terrific bonus feature. Greg Cox and Julia Ecklar discuss both their books related to Star Trek II and how the books fit into the overall picture of Star Trek for the franchise and for the fans.

A few questions:

1. Did this inspire anyone on the boards to check out some Star Trek books or the Khan and Kobayashi Maru books in particular?

2. The editing was a little strange. The readings of book passages were interspersed with other answers or discussion points. Was there a reason given for that choice?

3. Related to #1, was there a noticeable sales bump for any of the Trek authors or the Trek line as a whole after the release of the Director's Edition DVD of The Wrath of Khan?

Thanks to all who were involved in making this featurette.

2. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

I had already read those books, but it was fun to see in a Bonus Feature. I had been in correspondence with Greg when he was trying to decide how to approach the Joaquin (TOS)/Joachim (ST II) situation.

I think the Khan books often appear on peoples' radars. It would help that there were three hardcovers and thus three MMPB reprints. I would guess Ecklar's book might have spiked again after the Kelvinverse referenced the Kobashashi Maru, complete with apple?

Smiley likes this.
  3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Hard to believe we filmed that interview way back in 2001, some twenty years ago.

Confession: I spent most of that interview kicking myself for not having a water bottle at hand, since my mouth dried up almost immediately . . . . . .