A New Knights of The Old Republic Game Might Be On The Way

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by JD, Jan 25, 2020.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

There are rumors going around that there might be a new Knights of the Old Republic game being worked on that is supposed going to bring elements of the first two games into the Disney canon. According to IGN there are two sources, with one saying it's a remake and one saying it's a "not so much a remake as a sequel of sorts".
    I haven't played KTOR II, but I really enjoyed the first one, and I would love to see at some of the stuff from it brought back into the canon. We do know Revan is already canon since the Sith Troopers' groups were named after old Sith Lords and one was the "Revan Legion".

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Please be true...

3. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think it would be nice to revisit this era.

4. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

I also hope it is true, I loved KOTOR 1, 2 not do much.

I even played TOR but that isn't my kind of game.

5. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked both and am up for more.

I wasn't quite so fond of TOR but did have some fun with it.

6. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

It's only a matter of time before canon material starts exploring the Old Republic, but I'm sceptical as to exactly how much in common this would theoretically have with the original games.
    For one thing, "the twist" is going to surprise exactly nobody, the background set-up of the hidden Sith Empire probably won't work in canon either, then of course there's the character customisation; they're pretty stringent about the "everything is canon" approach so the option to choose the gender and appearance of the protagonist is probably off the table (yes I know, the EU games got an "official" version of events but I don't think that'll fly now.)

To me this all spells KotOR "in name only" and perhaps that's for the best. What might be neat is to have a adaptation of the old game's events told from a different perspective. Maybe play as Bastila instead? Or some new character?

7. Jedi Marso

Jedi Marso Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Been replaying KOTOR 1 and 2 with restored content and other mods. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed both games, for slightly different reasons. The first one had the engrossing storyline, while TSL had much improved gameplay mechanics to it.

The KOTOR 2 TSLRCM (The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod) goes a long way towards giving the game an 'actual' ending, something which the first one lacked due to a rush to release. There are still some gaps and holes in the plot and it's far from perfect, but it's a major improvement.