7X02 Dinosaurs On A Spaceship (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Samurai8472, Sep 8, 2012.

?

Grade "Dinosaurs On A Spaceship"

1. Geronimo!

54 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. Good

56 vote(s)
    39.4%
  3. Average

21 vote(s)
    14.8%
  4. Bad

6 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Dinosaurs couldn't even save this episode

5 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Looks like this could be a fun little escapist episode. Sit back and enjoy the dinosaurs!

2. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Dinos on a Spaceship! Can't wait, now if the Doctor ACTUALLY does ride one like is depicted in the picture, this will get an instant A+ from me :P

3. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Ok i am just about to travel 1 hour into the future so i can watch this episode now......will come back and let you know all about it.......oh and it takes 1 hour in real time to travel back in time 1 hour.........so i should be back about 8:20pm to spoil it all for you lot...Mah....Mahahahhah....Mahahahahhahahahaha!

4. Ghost Bones

Ghost Bones Captain Captain

That was the worst episode of Murderer Who ever.

5. zarkon

zarkon Captain Captain

Liked this a lot. More coherent ep then Asylum, did perfectly what it set out to. Loved the group, liked the drift between amy and the doc. Rory's dad having a cuppa while literally watching the world go by was great.

6. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Hah! That was a fun 45 minutes.

Great to hear from Mitchell & Webb as the voices of the robots too. :bolian:

7. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

Smart, fun, nonsense, and very well acted on all fronts - exactly as Doctor Who should be. A great episode for both Rory and Amy individually, too. I imagine that this will turn out to be one of the more quotable episodes.

Also, kudos to Matt Smith, whose motormouth of a Doctor seems to have had a ton of lines this episode.

8. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Can see this being a proper marmite episode.

We watched it as a family with our little lad, we all loved it.

9. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

yes that was excellent if a little distracting at at times, also distracting was the fact I didnt really believe the Doctor, Rory and Rorys dad were riding the dinosaur. I suspect computer trickery.

It is nice to throw new characters into the mix,which continues to make you wonder why we continue to see Rory and Amy this series, its not like its anything new that a companion leaves. The fact they have each other is reason he can just leave them. Plus if he feels really bad he could just give them a K9, like he did Sarah Jane, I can just picture Amy with a Sonic Lipstick. Even if she is getting a little too self important, which is odd, as Amy seems to be drifting in life, whilst Rory seems more settle, which I guess was always the case, and always the down to the Doctors influence.

Not sure how I feel about the Doctor sending Solomon to his death, yeah he is a bad guy, but his death was needed for the plan to work, and the Doctor for all his childish humour in the episode, seems slightly off doing it. Maybe the thing about "I get you anything you want" sealed his fate.

Any enjoyable if mad, and not overly taxing 45 minutes.

10. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Dinosaurs On A Spaceship - well that was hilarious. Great fun, lovely characters, nasty villain, proper "yippee-ki-ay motherfucker" conclusion... Would actually have been a better season opener, where casual viewers are concerned, I suspect. Wish they could have kept the triceratops as a companion - how cool would that have been?

11. ROBE

ROBE Commander Red Shirt

Fun, fun fun!
    It is just great to sit down on a Saturday evening and watch Doctor Who.
    Dinosaurs, Egyptian Queen, camp robots and Arthur Weasley, what is not to like.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  12. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

I found this episode to be fun, fun, fun.
    Could not stop laughing throughout the episode, though I'm not sure about the end.

13. Angel4576

And....

Brilliant! :lol:

Love Mitchell & Webb.

14. Baldus885

Baldus885 Captain Captain

I gave it Average because Nefertiti was hot. Seemed like an excuse to use some dinosaur CGI - I suspect the episode title came first, followed by a very awkward plot.

And did the Doctor outright murder that guy or what? And quite gleefully, too.

15. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

I have no idea who Mitchell and Webb are, so maybe I took these quotes out of the humorous context that was intended... to me, the two robots were like something out of a children's cartoon or Sarah Jane. Or was that the intention? My 7 year old nephew loved them, but I just cringed as it made me realise that maybe I am getting a bit too old for this show. ;)

16. Angel4576

Mitchell and Webb are a pair of actor/comedians who star in numerous sketch shows and sitcoms together. Usually their comedy involves the pair of them bickering over whatever the issue at hand is, so their stint as the pair of robots was perfectly fitting I think.

I think our viewing benefited from watching it with out 4 year old son - we use the 'naughty step' as a form of punishment, so as soon as they started talking about that, he had a hook. :lol:

17. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

A reasonable episode, and the CGI dino''s weren't to bad. But perhaps they were able to pull the CGI creatures from shows such as "Walking with Dinosaurs"

18. zarkon

zarkon Captain Captain

That's because they were out of a children's show!

bbc reused them from a kid's show called mission 2110, I assume it saved them a few bob

19. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

To be fair reusing props from other shows isn't something unique to the BBC.

20. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

I thought they looked familiar! :lol: I liked that show. It reminded me of CITV's "Scavengers" starring John Leslie.