70's/80's fanzine fanfic online?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by F. King Daniel, Dec 30, 2010.

1. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

After reading about them in old Best of Trek books and Trek: The Printed Adventures, I've been searching the internet, hunting down classic Star Trek fanfic from 70's and 80's fanzines to feed into my e-reader.

Alternate Universe 4 and Kraith are available for free (with authors' permission) at www.simegen.com, but I was wondering if anyone knew if other oldies I've read about like Dreadnought Explorations, Sahaj and Leslie Fish's The Weight have been made available for free download? Google just sends me to sites cataloguing old fanzines.

Thanks.

Anna Yolei and somebuddyX like this.
  2. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

3. F. King Daniel

Holy shit! That's not quite what I was looking for:lol::ack:
    Thanks!

somebuddyX likes this.
  4. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

^ I'll try to remember the names of some other zine titles from back in the day to see if they are online, too. Have you tried the Orion Press website? Randy Landers has been publishing zines since God's dog was a puppy.

5. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

LOL And his name was Bingo, and it was a good name...

Orion Press is found at:
    http://www.fastcopyinc.com/orionpress/index.html

There's over 25MB of fan fiction there. No pop-ups. No ads. No spyware. No registration. Just help yourself. And if you find something you like, let us know about it.

We've got 4 NEW stories coming on-line this weekend.

6. Jakks

Jakks Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I've read some stuff on Orion Press...there's some pretty good stuff there. Some pretty raunchy stuff as well.

7. Potemkin_Prod

Yes, yes, there is. Our last check of the 348 stories on our website shows that only 12.6% (44) of the stories on the site have subject matter of this type. That means there's more than 300 stories that don't. In all honesty, most fan fiction that's written is relationship-based, and often those relationships are sexual in nature. Some of the stories that are on this site have violence, often perpetrated by the Klingons on our heroes. On the chance that someone doesn't want to read it, each and every story of this nature on our website is clearly marked in red with a warning label for sexual situations, violence, adult themes or other cautionary statements. If this isn't the sort of stuff you want to read, then for heaven's sake, heed the warning labels! And if you see a story that needs a cautionary statement that doesn't have one, then let us know!

But I think we're doing a fine job featuring a variety of material from a variety of writers with a variety of styles and interests. You can check out the Oridex for more information.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  8. admiralelm11

admiralelm11 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've been reading Orion Press for the last few years and I have to say that the writers there are very talented. They do great work and I hope they keep it up. :bolian::bolian::bolian::bolian:

Anna Yolei likes this.
  9. Potemkin_Prod

Thanks! We try! And we are open to Classic Trek fan fic submissions. If anyone would like to contribute, they'd be more than welcome!

10. F. King Daniel

Bumping this ancient thread to bring you 68 issues of [SIZE=4]Kelly Communique, a fan club newsletter. It's got's fan profiles, fan fiction, fan art and technical stuff. Enjoy![/SIZE]

somebuddyX likes this.
  11. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Good days

VSAFaculty likes this.
  12. F. King Daniel

I'm gonna bump this ancient thread for it's final post. Just search "Star Trek fanzine" on archive.org for hundreds of painstakingly scanned fanzine PDFs.

Still not all the ones I wanted in the OP, but it's amazing nonetheless.

XCV330 likes this.
  13. VSAFaculty

VSAFaculty Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I see you posted (ages ago) a post mentioning Sahaj. You can find all the Sahaj stories at www.Sahajcontinues.com. The stories aren’t free, but there is no set price for download. I paid $5.00 for each one, which I thought was fair. :)

Dreadnought Explorations has been posted on AO3.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/s...lumn]=_score&work_search[sort_direction]=desc

F. King Daniel likes this.
  14. F. King Daniel