7 really good reasons star trek 3 is going to be great

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by tmosler, Feb 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmosler

tmosler Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

1. NEW WRITERS 2 new writers are joining orci to write the script while they are unproven and new blood doesnt always mean a good script i think they wouldnt have got hired if someone hadnt seen something in there unreleased scripts. Also since little is know about them i think they will be determined to prove themselves and will write a great script.

2. KURTZMAN LINDELOF LEAVING! in addition to new writers kurtzman and lindelof are leaving. i think most of the complaints in both movies was there fault (remember it was lindeofs idea to include kahn).

3. ORCI STAYING! that leaves orci as the only remaing writer from previous movies. Dispite manys complaints that orci is as much to blame without lidelof and kurtzman, he is a big fan of star trek (as many know), and he has admitted his mistakes and has recently said he wants to write a more sci fi centered star trek movie thats original(orci said all this on his latest podcast on trek movie a few months ago).

4. NEW DIRECTOR Another positive is there will be a new director than jj abrams i personally want rupert wryatt to direct because hes proven he can direct a intellegent sci fi movie and rumors have said paramount wants him to direct. also other action movie directors have been ruled out including cornish.

5. REDUCED BUDGET reduced budget isnt always bad for movies just look as wrath of kahn if rumors are to be believed star trek 3 will have a reduced budget which will hopefully lead to a better story and movie.

6. GOOD ACTING Actors have gotten better if theres one positive thing i hear about into darkness by fans is that the acting for the most part was good. competition in 2015 will be big with star wars and intersellar being released which could lead to helping make star trek 3 a good movie in order to compete.

7. STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS BOX OFFICE Take a sigh of relief despite what many fans say into darkness didnt fail but it didnt succeed which could lead paramount to try to focus more on improving on the previous movies faults then doing the same old thing again.

8. 50TH ANNIVERSARY star trek 50th anniversary is when the movie will be released and this makes the movie extra special. Hopefuly i have inspired hopes in new trek haters and please COMMENT below with any other good points i may have missed!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I've enjoyed Abrams being in the director's chair, so I'm a bit leery of him being replaced.

3. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

Paragraph breaks, please.

I'd rather have Lindelof writing than either Orci or Kurtzman.

4. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I'm still not convinced that he will be. On both of the previous movies, Abrams left hanging the question of who was going to direct until fairly late.

And paragraph breaks good, yeah - a list is better presented in list form than solid block-o'-text. Capitalizing people's names instead of all-caps item headings, punctuation, space following punctuation, spell-check also good.

5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I suspect those expecting a new direction from ST3 will be sorely disappointed. Abrams is still producer, Orci is still writing. The template is in place - just like Return of the Jedi, X-Men: The Last Stand and other threequals kept the formula of what came before, this will too.

I think it's gonna be an enjoyable movie.

6. tmosler

Just added pharagraph breaks. So it should be easier to read

7. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

I have complete confidence that number three will be - as King Daniel says - enjoyable. For a Vulcan, that would be high praise - and that's good enough for me.

8. tmosler

Wait how can jj abrams possible be producing the next star trek movie when hes going to be busy directing the next starwars movie? Also would paromunt even let him produce since hes basically involved with star wars for disney which is going to be star trek 3s compition?

9. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Bad Robot is JJ's Production Company, who is Producing the next Star Trek Movie, some of his stable of talent are still there (Orci) and he's engaged new writers to join Orci, and isn't JJ the one looking for and selecting a Director?

That all seems like Producing to me

10. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, the movie that will be made is the movie that the development executives want to be made. And the fact of the matter is that while there are early signs that the original project is outstaying its welcome, they're just that, early signs. There's still just enough positive reinforcement out there (even if it's getting more reserved) to tempt them to go back to that well again.

Lindelof and Kaufmann seem to me to have been thrown under the bus to some extent. Great literati they may not be, but then neither is Orci... and ultimately Orci was heading the writing team, there's nothing they could have brought to the table that he wouldn't have had to sign off on. And in terms of direction, even if Abrams isn't in the director's chair, he'll still be auditing the final product.

I would not invest a great deal of hope for a change in direction in the next movie. Such a change in direction won't happen until there's a really unequivocal indication that the formula created in ST09 is no longer working.

Honestly it's my expectation that ST3 will be an improvement over STiD, to probably the same extent that STiD was an improvement over ST09 -- but will probably get an even more lukewarm response despite the improvement because it's still unlikely to be a particularly good movie in overall terms. It seems to me that the entertainment media is gradually correcting its course away from a wildly over-the-top hype and overheated praise of the first Abrams movie that it won't be ready to come out and admit to in frank terms for a while yet.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  11. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

In that industry, people have multiple projects going all the time. It's not at all unusual.

He and his Bad Robot production company have one contract with Paramount to produce Star Trek movies. He, personally, has another contract with Disney to direct a Star Wars movie. This, too, is really not unusual in that industry, and certainly not for an in-demand producer/director like Abrams, who'll have a crew working for him to schedule and arrange it so that it will all get done within his budgets and deadlines.

12. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

Thank you. Much appreciated.

13. austen_pierce

austen_pierce Captain Captain

I really hope you are right and we can get one more blockbuster style trek movie with this cast and most if not all of the folks behind the scenes.

14. Runetouch

Runetouch Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Just because Orci may be a Trekkie doesn't mean that he is a good writer.

15. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

And just because some folks complain non-stop about his work, doesn't mean he's a bad writer either.

16. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

You are correct, Sir.

17. BigJake

After all, we're talking about the man who penned Van Helsing, The Island, Transformers and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, thirteen episodes of Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, and Cowboys & Aliens. It would take a lot of nerve to describe as a hack such a titan of the written word; I think we can confidently say that all of those are remembered chiefly for their writing, and will be taught to aspiring screenwriters as classics. ;)

18. JWPlatt

JWPlatt Commodore Commodore

Cowboys & Aliens has been described as having weak writing. As for Transformers, really? One of the classics? Then so is anything with Barney the purple dinosaur. As for the others, I don't know, but they are not represented well by those I have seen. The Island was decent, but still not strong and I've seen no movement toward obtaining cult status - for that is the only thing that will keep its memory alive. Wizard of Oz, Casablanca, It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, Alien, and such are classics. Not The Island. Wait... I hear echos of Lloyd Bentsen saying, "Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy."

19. BigJake

Heh, no, not really. In fact I was being a little tongue-in-cheek with all those examples. :p

20. JWPlatt

JWPlatt Commodore Commodore

Oh goodness, thank you! My sarcasm translator was offline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.