4k first 4 films vs all 6

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Methuselah Flint, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Methuselah Flint

Methuselah Flint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if the first 4 films are the same versions/remastering in the 4 set as the 6 set?

(I know the 6 set has different cuts etc, just wandered if anything that is replicated accross is the same).

Cheers!

2. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

The 6-Film set will contains both the Director's Edition of TMP as well as it's theatrical version. That's about the only real difference from the 4-disc set which only contained the theatrical version.

Qonundrum likes this.
  3. Methuselah Flint

Cool! Someone's offered the BR only first 4 set for a cheap price. (I dont have a 4k player).

So in theory, I guess to complete the BR collection I would just need to get TMP DE, Final Frontier and Undiscovered Country on individual BR.

I'm guessing all these have the same special features ported accross?

4. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

They looked the same... after reading about problems on the 6-movie set with slick oily coatings in the box and on the disc, and physical disc scratches, I opted to go for the standalone releases of 5 and 6. The individual release for 5 was perfect, confirming 6 later...

Methuselah Flint likes this.
  5. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

I remember reading that as well; for the full experience (e.g. the 1982 SLV), the standalone TMP set (which comes with a lot of other goodies) is the only option.

Methuselah Flint likes this.
  6. Methuselah Flint

Cool. For BR-only buyers I guess either first 4 (plus last 2 individually) or all 6 is fine, plus TMP Directors Cut individually.

I assume The Complete Adventure won't have anything else for BR-only buyers?

Qonundrum likes this.