News 4 DC animated movies coming in 2019

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

https://www.newsarama.com/40994-ani...ague-vs-fatal-five-movies-coming-in-2019.html

I'm glad that they're doing another Wonder Woman movie instead of just doing 2 Batman movies next year. Besides he deserves more than just one aniumated movie.

2. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Are they part of the movie continuity?

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Ever since 2014, the pattern has been to do three films per year, two in the ongoing JL continuity and one standalone. This year they broke with the pattern by starting with the standalone (Gotham by Gaslight), but then they're doing a Suicide Squad movie and The Death of Superman in the main continuity, and 2019 will begin with Reign of the Supermen also in-continuity. So if there are three more movies after that, it follows that one will be standalone and the other two will be in-continuity. My guess is that the standalone will be Hush, since it's a direct adaptation, but it could be the Wonder Woman film. (Might be nice if they did a sequel to the 2009 film, though I wouldn't bet on it.)

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

These are part of the DCU Animated movie line, which is completely seperate from any of the other DC adaptations. They set up their own shared universe when they adapted the first New Justice League story arc, but I don't think any of them are as directly connected at the DCEU or MCU.
    I'm really happy to see them doing another Wonder Woman, the first animated WW movie was great.

Markonian likes this.
  5. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

If the WW movie turns out to not be the New 52 movie version, I'll be interested. Otherwise it will be probably 4 New 52 dvdverse movies, and they've only managed to do two of those that weren't boring or just awful.