32nd century bridge

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Russell Oviatt, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Russell Oviatt

Russell Oviatt Ensign Newbie

So we've seen the fed ships and we've scene the hq and it's interior. What do you think a 32nd bridge would look like?

2. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Writer and occasional starship commander Premium Member

With programable matter, the bridge can look like anything you want it to be.

3. Deks

Deks Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Probably similar to what SF/FED HQ looks like (or a variation on the theme).
    Since USS Voyager was referenced in Discovery on several occasions, I imagine this could be the first 32nd century SF ship's bridge we see... but it will probably (or may) happen sometime in Season 4 (would be cool if both Disco and Voyager-J were shown doing joint missions and with Voyager being the other ship to start using the Spore Drive... or possibly see it using Quantum Slipstream Version 2 (10 000 Ly's per minute) now that the Federation is getting a steady supply of Dilithium (though technically, I don't think you'd need Dilithium and M/AM to power the QS V2... the thing could viably run off fusion power - but due to the Federation being limited in resources, its possible they had to wait for existing Federation members to get dilithium to properly set up facilities and reach them without the threat of the Burn - though, we've seen that hadn't stopped them going all the way to Kaminar or for Ni'Var to reach SF/Fed HQ in a relatively short amount of time).

As for the bridge's layout... I imagine it will retain some notion of similarity to the 24th century Intrepid class.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    Russell Oviatt likes this.
  4. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

Maybe a cross between Book’s control cabin and the Relativity’s bridge?

5. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk Cartoon Premium Member

The lobby of a fancy hotel.

ScottJ85, Kahlesh, cultcross and 2 others like this.
  6. Colonel Midnight

Colonel Midnight Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh wait, wrong universe. :rofl:
    Cheers,
    -CM-

7. alex08060

alex08060 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

On a normal fully build federation ship in the 32nd century ? No idea as we didn't see any scene on it yet. Discovery hasn't fully converted yet.

8. Hythlodeus

Hythlodeus Commodore Commodore

land on one side, land on the other side, water in the middle

9. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Let's Fly Moderator

I figure it’s like the controls of Book’s ship but arranged like a Starfleet bridge.

10. cultcross

cultcross We get locked down, but we get up again Moderator

I'm imagining something less focused on discrete work stations than we are used to. As anything can be anything with programmable matter, there isn't a need to have fixed layouts, although in an emergency situation, familiarity is still of value.

11. KirkusOveractus

KirkusOveractus Commodore Commodore

It would be cool with the programmable matter to do different themes with the bridge every so often: Throwback Thursdays to look like an earlier starship, have it set up for a birthday theme for a member of the crew another time, etc.