2022, a bad year for games….

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ED-209, Aug 13, 2022.

1. ED-209

ED-209 Commodore Commodore

So now we know Hogwarts Legacy is delayed till 2023 that leaves very few good games this year, the only one that stands out is Elden Ring but even that poor IMO, what’s entertaining about everything wanting to kill you and most things finding it easy to do so?

Hopefully 2023 will be better with the likes of Starfield etc.

2. Ragitsu

Ragitsu Commodore Commodore

3. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

4. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

a lot of the delays this year are simply a fact of life post-pandemic, we're only now seeing it's impact

think of it this way, it's actually good news because it means games industry workers are not grinding themselves to dust sticking to untenable release schedules

Thestral, TedShatner10 and ED-209 like this.
  5. ED-209

Gollum is apparently coming out in September, while hardly triple A it looks like it could be a lot of fun.

6. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Stray looks pretty awesome at least.

ED-209 likes this.
  7. ED-209

PS5 only unfortunately, if it comes to series X I’ll get it.

8. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, if anything, this could be a good year for Indie companies to showcase some of their games before the big Triple-A releases steal their thunder. There are lots of good indie releases that end up better than some of the more hyped up releases.

9. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

Speaking as someone 230 hours into my first playthrough . . . finally getting good and becoming the thing that does the killing & finding it easy to do so, aaaand then still coming across stuff that pounds you into a pulp. :D

Looking forward to God of War: Ragnarok, but I'm really looking forward to sinking my teeth into Witcher 3 once the free PS5 upgrade releases. Haven't played it before and I've been sitting on the PS4 version for nearly a year.