Ziyal is having more surgery

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Tora Ziyal, Aug 6, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Hang in there and keep your chin up, Ziyal! We're proud of you!

2. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Thank you, gentlemen.

3. Tora Ziyal

The roller coaster ride continues. From Friday to this morning, the tiny bit of wound left deteriorated significantly. So I have another app't with the surgeon on Thursday.

I am so tired of this shit! So ANGRY! At the whole situation, not at the doc in particular. He did say there was a chance that the conservative option might not work.

4. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

I'm so sorry to hear this. Non-healing wounds are such a literal pain! Last year, my brother had a problem with a non-healing wound on his ankle from a bike accident. The doctors tried just about everything to get it to heal, finally they put this thing called a wound vac on it. The thing closed in 4 weeks.

Good luck with the doc, I hope they find you a solution. :(

5. Tora Ziyal

Thanks for the encouragement, Spooky Cat. Unfortunately, I'm very familiar with wound vacs. Had one for a year. Didn't do the trick. :(

6. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Sorry to hear it's not going well. I had a wound open after an appendectomy and the healing process took forever. 4 months of having nurses come out and pack the wound every day and a few weeks of every other day before it fully healed. So I feel your pain there.

7. Tora Ziyal

^Yes, you do. :( But what I mostly picked up on was the daily nursing at home. Here, insurance usually won't pay for more than two or three visits a week.

8. Bob The Skutter

Was lucky to have the NHS to do that. The doctor was awkward at first about prescribing the supplies they needed but after the first week or two he was fine about it. Must be a nightmare if they're not funding the home visits for you.

9. Tora Ziyal

I get three visits a week. The first few months that wasn't enough, and my former husband and our nurse friend did a lot of caregiving. But for over a year now, it's been fine. Of course, if I end up getting more extensive surgery again, who knows? Trying not to think about that possibility yet.

10. Bob The Skutter

Fingers crossed on not needing it.

11. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

Add my positive thoughts to that goal as well. Good luck! :)

12. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

Should the doctor have prescribed bed rest or something, so that the wound wouldn't be affected by movement? :(

Since this has resisted SO many techniques, is there any chance of your being enrolled now into a clinical trial? I don't know if you remember that Skin Gun video from last year, but that does make me think there have to be some new technologies and techniques out there that could be better than the standard ones.

And personally, I still think the people who screwed it up in the first place by leaving stuff in the wound should be held liable for all that has come after. :(

13. RevdKathy

RevdKathy How scared are you? Moderator

Don't have anything useful to suggest. So here's a giant hug.

14. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

This must be incredibly frustrating; you have my sympathies. :( It's so disheartening, being unable to function normally due to injury or illness; it plays havoc with your mood and affects your whole outlook on life. But you've dealt with this so well, and I know you'll continue to move forward, no matter the setbacks.

As always, my thoughts are with you. Good luck! :)

15. Tora Ziyal

Thanks for the good wishes and hugs, everyone. They're much appreciated!

DN, yeah, it is playing havoc with my mood. I'd like to crawl into a hole and not emerge until I'm entirely well.

Piglet and Pooh, I love your matching avatars and sigs.

16. Bob The Skutter

Not too soppy of us?

We're secretly hoping to drive people mad not knowing who's who. ;) Oops, gave the game away.

17. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

ARGH. Thinking happy thoughts for you. I'm hoping this is the LAST time you have to go through this. *fingers crossed*

18. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Aw, man. :( Just when everything seemed okay. I hope this is just a false alarm and no more surgery is needed. As always, fingers are crossed for you.

19. Tora Ziyal

I think it's more sweet than soppy. :)

Thanks.

I don't know what I hope at this point. Other than the obvious -- that this damn thing heal.

Maybe y'all better uncross those fingers, folks, or there are going to be an awful lot of typos on the board! ;)

20. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Meh. It's the TrekBBS. Typos are a prerequisite for long term membership. ;)