Your latest purchases, cont.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Goliath, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ordered this shirt for my dad for Father's Day. He loves Curious George...

And while I was at it, I went ahead and bought the "all eleven Doctors bursting out of the Tardis at the same time" shirt. :D

2. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

I bought a All-in-One printer today. It was advertised on Dick Smiths website at $44. I did a check online to see if it was available at the nearest store and it was. Caught the bus to the shopping centre, selected the $44 printer and put it on the counter where I was told it couldn't be sold without the extended warranty which made the price $59.95 (same price as at the Big W store in the same centre). I complained loudly that the website was misleading, and that I had no need of an extended warranty. The guy ended up agreeing to sell me the extra black and whilt ink cartridge I wanted to buy for $14 instead of its usual cost of $22.95.

Still all up it cost me about $7 more that planned.

3. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

My sister got me a Target gift card for my birthday, and normally I'd waste it on some electronics item or PC game I don't really need. Then that silly pop-up from Philips-Norelco got me thinking, "Hey, what if I got a brand new electric shaver?"

And so I did! Manscaping has been on my mind these past few months ... :D

Philips Norelco BG2040

4. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Yesterday I brought my ticket for OzTrek5 convention on the weekend. Will be the first convention where I get to meet someone from Deep Space Nine.

5. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

Girls, Guns, and G-Strings, The Andy Sidaris Collection. A twelve film boxed set I got on Amazon for about $5 that collects all "films" of Andy Sidaris, each more embarrassingly bad than the last. And yet I laugh all the way through it. Is it possible to call anything in these films "gratuitous" since all they were about to begin with is nudity and explosions?

6. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

L.A. Noire for PS3
    Up in the Air on Blu-ray

7. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

Dollhouse Season 2
    Firefly Blu-ray (Amazon had it on sale the other day)
    Triss by Brian Jacques (I'm accumulating all the Redwall books.)

8. Eleanor_zhDarjel

Eleanor_zhDarjel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

in the year of the flood, St. Stephen King Day
    An ep3 download from Amazon, a song from my childhood. Haven't heard it in 24 years....

Damm. This is me, getting old.

9. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

The Bionic Woman season 2 DVD set. Watching this is already making me anxious for season 3 to come out. I hope the wait isn't long.

10. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

Blind Man's Bluff by Peter David
    Loamhedge and Rakkety Tam by Brian Jacques

11. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

The sequined gloves and the skirt will be tricky to pair with the slippers. ;)

Congratulations!

I like reading your purchase lists; they always have something deliciously decadent about them somewhere. :techman:

Picked up a stone-coloured linen suit from the tailors yesterday. It needed a few little alterations but is now about as good as it will get from MTM rather than bespoke. Now I just need some warmer sunny days to wear it on! Hopefully won't be long.

Couldn't resist picking up a pretty funky pair of red/tan houndstooth socks while there too.

12. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

"Metropolis" on dvd, restored and with 25 minutes of "newly discovered footage". I haven't seen this since high school when i took a film class. I can't wait to watch!

13. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

I saw a Kelley's Heroes DvD in the bargain bin at King Soopers for 8 bucks so I snatched that one up.

14. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

I was fortunate enough to see the restored version in the cinema last year. One of my personal cinematic highlights. :bolian:

15. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just re-watched it myself after many years, and found it even more interesting than the first time around. What a visionary Fritz Lang was. :cool:

I bought myself a pair of very young, very wild Diesel jeans, I couldn't find a picture of them that I liked on teh interwebz, so here I go modelling them:

[​IMG]

My mother would probably have a heart attack if she ever saw them! :lol:

16. Eleanor_zhDarjel

Eleanor_zhDarjel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

in the year of the flood, St. Stephen King Day
    A bottle of tequila gold.

17. Goliath

Goliath Vice Admiral Admiral

Lenovo X120e ThinkPad.

Cute little thing. Like the Smartcar of computers.

18. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

A first generation iPod Classic (5GB) complete with an "upgrade package" (hicap battery and 1.8" to cf adapter)

19. Goliath

Goliath Vice Admiral Admiral

Some books (including Believing Bullshit: How Not to get Sucked into an Intellectual Black Hole by Stephen Law, Everything is Obvious--Once You know the Answer by Duncan J. Watts, How Markets Fail: The Logic of Economic Calamities by John Cassidy, The Dead republic by Roddy Doyle, and Legion by William Peter Blatty.

A light jacket.

A couple of umbrellas (one for home, one for office).

A bottle of brandy for the office--I mean... home. :shifty:

And I renewed my driver's licence and health card.

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  20. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Good fit on those. :techman:

The fading and distressing is not to my taste, but goes well with the shoes you've paired with them IMO (suede or nubuck derbies, it seems?), without an excessive amount of stacking. Nice.

Any particular make or intriguing details? I like nice brollies, so I'm curious. I can picture you getting interesting ones, from unusual materials or with carvings.