Your latest purchases, cont.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Goliath, Oct 20, 2010.

1. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Which one? Pre-teen girl or gay male twenty-something?

:p

Kestra, I too applaud your purchase!

2. Kestra

Kestra Vice Admiral Premium Member

No. We have an indoor cat so I haven't been sure if the outdoor kitty could transmit any diseases, even if they weren't in the same room at the same time. I actually have been thinking about bringing him to a vet but I'm wary of putting him in our cat carrier because it's a soft sided carrier that can't be cleaned easily. I'd really like to get him checked out at the vet.

Since we can't keep him and we're in an apartment, anything I do is a short-term solution and I'm looking for something better. All the shelters around here are full but I keep contacting them every now and then to see if they have any openings. It has to be a no-kill shelter because he's not some cute kitten that would be immediately adopted. He is a sweet cat though, so I'm sure with some socialization he'd make a great addition to someone's family.

At any rate, I feel better knowing that I can offer him a little shelter in case he wants it.

Thanks! My husband just called so I confessed the purchase to him and he wasn't upset with me at all. I think he's come to expect this kind of behavior from me! :lol:

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Gay male twenty-something.

I hear there are body products too!

And yes MORE APPLAUSE for Kestra's purchase!!

4. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I got a cheap tripod for my D-SLR yesterday and today I got Borderlands 2 from the Playstation Network store.

5. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

As Kestra is going to keep it up (by caring for the stray) I too applaud what you did there. But normally I'd say that you should never, ever, feed or interact with strays.

Went to the shop where I found the swing top bottles, I posted about some pages up-thread, to get a non-killing mouse-trap for a friend who's cat brought in a mouse and failed to kill...

I thought you'd like to see a snap I took in the shop:

[​IMG]

6. auntiehill

auntiehill Fleet Admiral Admiral

I bought soda and Triscuits. Woo. Life is a thrill a minute.

7. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Two seasons of my new love: Downton Abbey. :D

8. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

My dear chap, well done! ;) Very much looking forward to series 3...

9. oberth127

oberth127 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Undertaker The Streak Blu-ray

10. Tora Ziyal

Chap? "Chap" is uni-sex now?

11. Kestra

I love Downton Abbey as well!

12. Tora Ziyal

^I barely watch television. I could count on one hand the shows that I've watched regularly and really loved. Ever. But Downton Abbey makes it onto the list.

13. Kestra

I watch a ton of TV but most shows I don't care if I end up missing. It's mostly just something to have on in the background. I remember back when I had a million things on the air and recording and I told my husband that the only one I really looked forward to was Downton Abbey. I'm a huge fan of period dramas though. I think Mad Men makes it into that category too, actually.

My in-laws are not at all the type that I thought would like Downtown Abbey, but apparently after I mentioned it they watched some on Amazon Prime. They got hooked, went through the whole first season, and my father-in-law bought the second season all on his own! I was astonished because this is not a man I thought would enjoy Downton Abbey.

Now if only I could get my husband into it ...

14. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Only show I watch at all is SVU. In fact my next purchase will probably be the season pass for Season 14 from iTunes - if Apple hurries up and adds it. :scream:

15. Tora Ziyal

Be careful what you call period drama. I remember the Mad Men era in real life. :lol:

16. Grey

Grey Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I bought a 20 oz cup of Colombian roast.

17. Kestra

Oops I didn't mean it was a period drama! I meant that it fits into the category of being a show that I actually look forward to every week when new eps are being aired. :)

18. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

woah, wtf, people actually ride these things? I always assumed they're just decorative sculptures, sitting in a corner of a room. I've never heard of one being used for genuine exercise before... ;)

19. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

To be fair, I think most people use them as glorified clothes hangers. :lol:
    For me, though, nothing helps control my blood sugar like an hour of cardio first thing in the morning, and in a continental climate, one cannot always rely on the weather being cement enough for a morning run.

20. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's great that you maintain the motivation to keep the exercise routine up. I remember while I was growing up we had one at home. I think it was used for, like, 2 hours total. It gradually migrated from one room to another, before dying quietly in the garage... :lol: