X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 28, 2012.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Maybe Morph will show up and get destroyed by a Sentinel. Then Wolverine can yell, "Moooooooorpphhh!!!!"

2. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol:

3. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The trailer says that everything depends on Wolverine's sensitivity, which in past movies translates to emo. Further, it was jamming in Wolverine in place of Scott that screwed up the Phoenix on screen so far. Is this really promising?

4. Goji

Goji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really liked the trailer, and I appreciated the atypical tone, even if it was the result of not having the flashier effects done yet. The first two X-Men movies and First Class are still among my very favorite superhero movies. Hopefully this will be the best yet and be a great bridge between the two series.

5. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Kitty as the time traveler doesn't work anymore due to the film timeline. Logan is the logical choice, it's not just Wolverine for Wolverine's sake.

I don't understand why there is so much resistance to this notion.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The scene with Mystique spinning with her legs spread got me wondering. What does the Mystique actress wear on her bottom half while doing the "nude and blue" scenes? I hope it covers them pretty well since they've always got them doing kicks and stuff like the spin in this trailer.

7. Argus Skyhawk

Argus Skyhawk Commodore Commodore

I'm afraid I don't have a link to back me up at the moment, but I read that the actress is wearing a skin-tight body suit in this film instead of the mostly painted-on costume Mystique wore in previous movies.

Anyway, if anyone wants to view the trailer in this thread instead of clicking the link:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK2zYHWDZKo[/yt]

8. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

The music definitely didn't originate from 28 Days Later. I know that score backwards and forwards. The piece does sound like it's from Sunshine (although I haven't seen it in years) and based on what I've been reading elsewhere, this is the most likely conclusion.

9. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah my bad, I was thinking of In The House, In A Heartbeat, which is in 28 Days/Weeks Later and Kick-Ass.

Think I got confused due to the Danny Boyle connection of Sunshine & 28 Weeks Later, which were released barely weeks apart in 2007 (and both have Rose Byrne in)

10. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Thats an awesome trailer. I'm super excited for the movie.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's right, I do remember hearing about that now.

12. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I think it's in FC's special features. Basically she's wearing a custom made leotard over her torso, with separate silicon appliances glued to her extremities. As for how the original appliance worked, I'm pretty sure her "girly bits" were covered by a similar method, but it was more akin to bikini bottoms than the full leotard.

Makes more practical sense this way, both for the performer and the make-up artists. I did however notice that they appear to have made her shade of blue quite a bit lighter and more saturated than before. I wonder if it's intentional or a product of shooting in 3D? I gather they're still struggling to find ways to compensate for the darkening caused by the Real3D tinted glasses.

13. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

You don't lose brightness, because the projector intensity is already higher. The image you see when you take off the glasses is actually too bright, not the other way round.

14. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

According to Bryan Singer, Kitty is still involved in the time travel process. Logan is chosen because he's the only one strong enough to endure the time travel "procedure", which is apparently very painful.

15. Dyabolikal

Dyabolikal Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The music from about 1:24 on is from The Thin Red Line and written by Hans Zimmer. That particular track is called Journey to the Line, and it's one of the most epic pieces of soundtrack ever created.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG9-j3eevL4

The clip of music in the trailer begins around 4:20.

16. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Now *that* is how you portray Patrick Stewart and his younger self. I'm looking at you, Rick Berman and Stuart Baird...

17. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

The FC version was still done in the same way as Rebecca in the original trilogy. DOFP is the first time they went with a bodysuit.

18. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

So, is that supposed to be President Nixon in the trailer? Because if there's one thing I don't see enough of in superhero flicks, it's Richard Nixon.

19. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Which, of course, was written that way to have Wolverine travel back in time, not the other way around.

20. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

It wouldn't make sense for Kitty to travel back in time with the movie's timeline. I don't think Kitty was even born in 1973.