X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

X-Men: First Class Sequel Confirmed To Be Titled X-Men: Days Of Future Past

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is not confirmed. This was apparently reported on a Russian news site. The above site so far is the only one that I see carrying the story.

3. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i really hope they don't use that idea of Magneto killing Kennedy. seems about as silly as Roddenberry wanting Spock to kill Kennedy.

4. Admiral_Young

That was Vaughn's own personal idea and merely a suggestion. Singer had a different suggestion I believe.

5. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ideas aside, I'm thrilled that this series is moving forward. I've been thrilled about the reboot since I saw First Class.

6. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Except that Sen. Robert Edward Kelly (the guy whose murder sparked the mutant registration act) was based loosely (at least originally) on Sen. Edward Kennedy (except for the whole get drunk and kill an aide part, anyway).

7. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Source, pls? And in what way? :confused:

8. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Nothing here to back it up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kelly_(comics)

If the X-Men were meant to reflect the Civil Rights Struggle, it would seem odd to name a character opposed to the activists after a Senator generally associated with progressive causes (as indeed were his brothers, in particularly the one with the same first name as Senator Kelly).

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, FC definitely set the series back on the right track. Hopefully this and The Wolverine will continue the trend.

10. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Despite some continuity problems, the PTB behind First Class do not consider it to be a reboot, but rather a prequel to the other X-Men films. At the present time, there has been no indication that this stance has changed.

It remains to be seen, though, whether or not Origins: Wolverine and The Last Stand will be acknowledged or ignored now that Bryan Singer has renewed his affiliation with the franchise, and I would expect that DoFP will give us a good indicator when it comes to the latter.

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Kelly was mostly painted as a simple grounded guy that was decent but afraid of the future he couldn't understand. Bob really wasn't thinking concentration camps when he introduced the mutant Registration Act, in his mind in the beginning he thought it was a parallel to gun control legislation.

I mean, was Tony Stark seen as a modern day NAZI for introducing and enforcing the Superpowers Registration Act?

(Yes, Yes he was.)

Magneto totally explains the magic Bullet theory. :)

12. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

If true, this sounds like a way to soft-reboot the franchise in a very similar fashion to what was done to Star Trek. That is to say if the future time traveller originates from some point after 'The Last Stand' and by the end of the film has succeeded in changing history then any future films should be freed of any continuity entanglements.

13. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

With both Rebbecca Romjin and Hugh Jackman reprising their "classic" roles in the First class, I don't understand the confusion?

14. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Re: X-MEN: First Class sequel (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

You're just pissed that I started this topic before you did.

[​IMG]

15. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

And with FC paralyzing Chuck before he loses his hair or meets Jean Grey, neither do I. ;)

16. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Singer chose to ignore X-Men Orgins: Wolverine like most sane fans.

Will Singer also ignore X-Men: The Last Stand?

17. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I think there were also some contradictions with the first two films. Off the top of my head, I think there was a bit where Magneto mentioned helping Xavier to build cerebro, which clearly wasn't the case in 'First Class'.

Sure you could reason that in the several decades between FC & X1 Chuck and Erik may have gone through periods of further collaboration, but if we're just going off what the film tells us, that's not implicit. Now Nightcrawler's parentage on the other hand: that's fairly implicit. ;)

18. Admiral_Young

@Dream, I could care less who posted it. There hasn't been any follow up to that story and that was speculative at best. There is no confirmation of the story for First Class 2 yet.

Believe me I want to be excited about this...but this "story" basically contradicts the brief amount that Vaughn and Singer have stated regarding their plans for the sequel. I've been skeptical of this since it was first brought up a couple of months ago.

19. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Well, I saw FC a while back.

I thought it was good, but I think they should have gone all the way and done a reboot. I really missed Cyclopes and Jean. Michael Fassbender was awesome as Magneto though.

It was quite refreshing to have a X-Men movie not completely taken over by Wolverine. :rommie:

20. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I was just messing with you. I had a mod change the topic title. ;)

I'm really looking forward to the sequel.