Would you read seaQuest 2032 Relaunch novels?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Freman, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Freman

Freman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Now I know they technically wouldn't be Relaunch novels like what Star Trek has done, as there were only 3 seaQuest novels to begin with, but you get my general idea. Novels set after the end of Season 3 that continue the story. Get some good authors to work on it and it could work.

I would love to see this happen. I loved Season 1 and 3 of the show, and don't really mind Season 2 all that much. Been doing a rewatch recently and can't help thinking how much I want some new adventures.

While I would prefer novels, I would love it if IDW maybe did a Season 4 comic series or something.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would read novels or comics. I loved SeaQuest when it was on.

3. Freman

Yeah, me too. I think this show still has a fanbase that could support some new material. There's a fansite too, called New Cape Quest.

I should have added a poll. Anyone know if I can go back and add one?

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Out of the two, I think I would probably be in for a comic continuation since that seems to be the thing right now. I doubt either would happen, but I would for sure check them out.

5. Freman

Yeah I doubt it'll happen, too. It would be nice though. Who knows? Maybe someday they'll run out of ideas of what to bring back next. lol

6. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i liked seaQuest, but i think its one of those things that had good ideas but poor execution.

7. Freman

So let's redeem the show with some kickass comics or novels!! lol

8. diankra

diankra Commodore Commodore

Books rather than comics, as they'd be the best medium to really use the political side of 2032. Tom Clancy could have wtitten a superb one!

9. Freman

Tom Clancy would be great!

10. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

That WOULD be one hell of a trick now...

As to the question, if the books were continuations of the season one cast, then yes. By season three it just wasn't interesting anymore.

11. Mysterion

Mysterion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Someone needs to tie-in the Nelson Marine Institute/USS Seaview with the SeaQuest continuity.

12. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I would definitely go for SeaQuest to be brought back as either comics or books.

I'm a bit leery of it being as comics, though, because there was a short-lived SeaQuest comic book series based off the first season (but more in spirit with the second season) that got the axe after only one issue.
    http://images.comiccollectorlive.com/covers/603/603dee29-4120-45d5-a6da-5f1dc9bd70f6.jpg
    It was a bit sexier, much more graphically violent, and kind of how not to do a SeaQuest comic book, IMO.