Would you rather?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by IzzyAtWarp9, Jul 30, 2013.

1. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kirk in ST4. There's Borg trying to kill me in First Contact. In Voyage Home there's nothing more deadly than a double dumbass cab driver or a punk with a boom box.

Would you rather be stranded with Janeway and/or Chakotay in Resolutions or be marooned on Gaia in Children of Time?

2. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

I'm a J/C fan, so obviously stranded with them in "Resolutions".

Would you rather stay up for 24 hours watching your favorite VOY episode or your favorite DS9 episode?

3. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

It's hard to choose. I've done a main arc marathon for both and they're both pretty epic, but if I had to choose between An epic voyage home vs. The emissary and the star trek battlefront, I'll go with DS9.

Would you rather have an evil twin replace you or live in the mirror universe for a day?

4. The Emissary

The Emissary Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The mirror universe. I'd love to see how I would turn out if circumstances in my life had been different.

Would you rather award sentience to Data or the EMH?

5. Enow

Enow Lieutenant Red Shirt

Neither. They do not have souls.

Being human, would you rather marry another human or would you be "open" to marrying an alien?

6. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Dang...a little harsh on the EMH and Data. :lol:

I would be open to marrying anyone of any species as long as we were compatible.

Would you rather be set up on a blind date with a Bajoran or a Trill?

7. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Mmm, Kriosians.

A Bajoran, they have a hidden fire in them. Plus if the Trill was a guy in a previous life or became I guy after their passing, it'll just confuse things.

MULTIPLE CHOICE MAYHEM:

Would you rather have a Klingon forhead (next gen), Vulcan ears, a Bajoran nose, Ferengi ears, a Borg eye, Andorian antennas or a Cardassian neck?

8. IzzyAtWarp9

IzzyAtWarp9 Commander Red Shirt

Definitely between the Vulcan ears or bajoran nose... probably the bajoran nose because it's kinda cute :)

Would you rather go out with Worf or Spock?

9. Enow

As Spock's friend.

Would you have your spouse & children with you on a deep space mission of five years or would you prefer them to be safe at home to return to after five years?

10. R. Star

Meh, if I had a family a deep space assignment wouldn't be on my radar. But if forced to choose, I'd pick leave em at home. By the Enterprise's record, the ship was in danger dozens of times each year. Heck, they took their families with them into Wolf 359. So yeah... not putting them into that kind of risk.

Would you rather fight Worf or General Martok?

11. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Martok, IMO Worf is the better fighter while Martok is the better tactician.

Would you rather have your family stationed with you on DS9 (during the dominion war), Voyager (lost in the delta quadrant), or either of the Enterprises during their run?

12. Enow

Voyager.

Would you rather have Taylor Swift as a Vulcan/Betazoid Ship's Counselor or Summer Glau?

13. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

The rule was you have to say why you choose your answer and I'm curious as to why you would want your family with you in the gamma quadrant.

Anyway, I'd choose Summer Glau, though I only know her from Firefly. IMO She'd add more to the plot as an over logic, mind reading, Vulcan/Betazoid.

Would you rather have done what Janeway did and saved the Ocampa by destroying the caretaker and staying in the Gamma quadrant or went home (you have a ship similar to Voyager but no crew)?

14. The Emissary

The Gamma Quadrant or Delta Quadrant?

This is a tough would you rather because in my opinion she could have destroyed the array AND gotten home. But I'll just assume, for the sake of this question you can't do both.

I'd rather save the Ocampa. I'd feel too much guilt if I got back home and condemned them to slavery or worse at the hands of the Kazon.

Would you rather live with the Prophets for eternity and learn from them or merge with V'Ger, become some higher life form, and leave to explore the universe?

15. R. Star

The Prophets. At least I stand a chance of retaining my individuality, which is uncertain with V'Ger. Heck, I might get to leave "yesterday" after an eternity with the Prophets since they have no concept of time.

Would you rather be tortured by Gul Madred or Garak?

16. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Garak. He enjoys dusting off his spy skills so much, it would be a shame to deprive him the pleasure.

Would you rather buy a weapon from the Minosians (the makers of the Echo Papa 607), or Bang-Bang (the makers of the sweetest little automatic in the world)?

17. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

Going with the Bang-Bang: how could the Echo Papa not take out Yar? Besides, the notion of the learning weapon in fiction seems contrived: it always throws out a few gimmies.

Would you rather have Worf deliver your first born or organize your son's/daughter's coming of age ceremony, complete with pain sticks?

18. R. Star

Coming of age ceremony with pain sticks. The kid will appreciate how good he/she has it, and if I need to bring him/her in line, I can threaten to have Worf babysit. :evil: :klingon:

Would you rather "share your pain" with Sybok or endure the prison memory torture O'brien did in Hard Time?

19. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

Share pain. It wasn't torture, and it wasn't traumatic. And as McCoy made clear, it didn't necessarily mean mind control.

Would you rather assist Julian Bashir in an assignment in his "James Bond" program, or assist Garak in an assignment for the Obsidian Order?

20. The Emissary

I'd rather help Bashir. Garak strikes me as the type to tie up loose ends and would slit my throat after I helped him on a mission.

Would you rather have to out think your way out of a temporal anomaly or out think your way out of a spatial anomaly?