Will you cry when its over?

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Brent, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Are you going to miss nuBSG? Will you shed tears if a major character dies, or if Galactica herself is destroyed? Are you emotionally invested in this series?

I may shed a tear, depending on how it goes, if Adama goes down with the ship.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Admiral Admiral

I have never been able to cry over a TV show or movie. I doubt that's going to change.

3. farmkid

farmkid Commodore Commodore

If I do, I hope it's for a good reason. If it's not a good reason, then it will be because I'm regretting all the time I've spent watching and reading about BSG over these past few years.

4. Searider Falcon

Searider Falcon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, considering my favorite character is Laura Roslin, and I did get the sniffles during the last episode, and even got a bit misty-eyed watching The Last Frakking Special, not to mention just how much I'm dreading seeing this show leave the airwaves for good...

Yeeeeaaaah, I'd say there's a distinct possibility I'm going to be a big wibbling mess tomorrow evening. I've already got a box of Kleenex set aside for the occasion.

5. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nope. I hope I will, however, be impressed. I already expect everyone to die, so if anyone survives, it's gravy.

Then I will start looking forward to Caprica! :bolian:

6. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TV shows hardly ever manage to make me cry... except when they reach their final scenes. Depending on how it ends I may get a little teary-eyed.

7. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

There is no doubt.

8. Gregsmack

Gregsmack Captain Captain

Only DS9's 'The Visitor' and The Shield's 'Postpartum' have ever made me shed an actual tear. As wonderful a show as BSG is, it's going to really have to be something else to make me cry openly.

9. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have never full-on cried for a show. I've teared up before, and I've teared up frequently for BSG, but I have yet to cry. However, if they do a bang-up job and hit all the right emotional cues, it's possible.

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Premium Member

I might tear up if something really sad (or something extraordinarily happy) happens, but I certainly won't cry just because the show is over.

I just hope that when all is said and done, I can say, "That was an excellent finale."

11. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, quite likely.

I don't cry often for TV or films. But once in a great while, I do. The finale of Voyager, as bad of a finale as it was, when they finally got home... sorry, tears. The finale of DS9, certainly some eye moisture. A few others. Not many.

12. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Cry? I'm gonna need fucking oxygen after the episode ends. I'll be crying by the time the opening credits come along.

13. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I will cry because I'll be so happy it's finally over.

14. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Like a baby.

I'll be sorry to see it go... Battlestar Galactica was the greatest artistic achievement in the history of mankind. 24 hours from now there will be a hole in my heart that will never again be filled.

Too much?

15. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

No way, man.

16. Chess Piece Face

Chess Piece Face Commodore Commodore

As far as finales go I've only cried at the end of Six Feet Under and DS9.

But I have cried plenty during regular episodes of many series. I don't anticipate crying during BSG because I have sort of mentally given up on this show and am only hanging in to see what they do. If this season had not been the final, I'm 99% sure I would have dropped the show a couple eps after they found earth.

17. QCzar

QCzar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Washington, DC - Taxation Without Representation
    Um, that would be a no. I haven't openly cried about anything since I was a child (yeah, I'm dead inside). I will, however, throw things* in rage at the TV screen if it sucks.

* = probably just socks, but...uh...I'll throw them real hard!

18. Klingon Empire

Klingon Empire Captain Captain

I don't know about full on cry, but I might get teary eyed.

19. Apogeal Alpha01

Apogeal Alpha01 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I almost cried when Dee committed suicide, so I'll admit that it's possible. However, it's unlikely. Going into battle you know that death is a possibility, even likely outcome. Recovering Hera is such a worthy goal, a worthwhile endeavor, that I think my feeling will be one of pride in the character that dies more than overwhelming or acute sadness.

I can be rather clinical about these things. I'm glad this ride is coming to a conclusion.

20. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Commodore Commodore

Highly unlikely.

While I admit to some sympathy for both of the Adamas, most of the other characters can pretty much drop dead without me shedding a tear.

Gatekeeper