Who's getting the R2 Season 4(.0) DVD set?

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by MyCylon, Sep 14, 2008.

?

Will you buy the R2 season 4(.0) DVD box set?

1. Yes.

15 vote(s)
    53.6%
  2. No.

13 vote(s)
    46.4%
  3. Maybe.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

I think with this whole R1-R2 speed difference thing, is that some people notice it and some don't, maybe something to do with your ears or summat!
    Anyway I've watched a lot of US TV over here in the UK, in America whenever I vacation there, on the internet, on videos, on my R2 dvds, and R1 dvds either I've imported or watched over there... And I for one have never noticed anything at all in regards to squeaky voices or the like.
    So I gather its just something one can either pick up or one can't.

I suppose Razor is part of Season 4, but I already have the standalone Razor DVD. Seems a bit annoying to have to have it twice now. At least there are some extras though! Deleted scenes? Nice. I'd like to have a gander at the sneak peak too

Anyway I won't be buying this for a while yet, as I said up thread I still have all these eps on my Sky+ and just watched them again recently. And also there's some other stuff I'll be spending my money on when this comes out tomorrow (6 Oct) with The Simpsons Season 11 DVD and the new Oasis album

2. MyCylon

MyCylon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just got my set at Tesco's :D. I'm so looking forward to seeing these episodes again!

3. John Clark

John Clark Commodore Commodore

Haven't looked at all the deleted scenes, but the sneak peak appears to be just a Sky One teaser ( call it 10 or so seconds) :(

4. MyCylon

^
    I saw the teaser. It's very short and definitely something that was already on the web a while ago. It ends with Tigh saying: "You are the Fifth."

5. Ethros

Had a look at the set yesterday in my Morrisons. I was tempted to buy it, only £24.99 and I can use my 10% discount as well.
    But... I... will... wait...

6. MyCylon

^
    You are strong - unlike myself :D.

I wasn't really sure whether I should get this or not. So far, I've purchased all the sets before this (which were complete seasons, no less) at better prices. IIRC this is what I paid:

- S1: £17
    - S2: 20 € (an amazing price, really)
    - S3: £25

So I'll end up paying double or more for S4. Oh, well.

7. cultcross

cultcross Janitor of the Mind Palace Moderator

I'm very loath to buy this, as I got the "Seasons 1-3 plus the miniseries" boxset for £30 in the zavvi summer sale (which seems to be lasting forever). Then I got Razor for £9 the other week.
    I'm very against now spending £23 on just 10 more episodes. I'm probably gonna wait until the price drops.

8. MyCylon

^
    Normally, I'd have waited as well. But I'm in a bit of a slump at the moment and needed something to pick me up a little. Plus right now it seems like it's going to take forever until we get new episodes (I do know that once they arrive it'll seem as though the first half aired just yesterday, but that's another story).

9. cultcross

cultcross Janitor of the Mind Palace Moderator

Thing is I nearly thought the same then discovered i could get a full season of L&O:SVU for a pound cheaper.

Yes, I'm fickle and easily pleased.

10. MyCylon

^
    I do enjoy L&O (any of them) but it just doesn't quite do the trick for me compared to nuBSG ;).

11. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

Watching it now. Well worth it even if it does have Razor, which I already had and didn't rate much. Even the OH is watching it but that might be because he knows it's finishing soon.

12. MyCylon

^
    What or who is "OH"?

Btw. I've watched through all the episodes (not so hard to do when there's only ten :D) and I'm looking into the deleted scenes now. And, wow, there's one hell of a deleted scene for The Road Less Travelled, isn't there? I mean the one with Head Six and Baltar.

13. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

Other Half.

Only seen three so far. Dexter S1 arrived yesterday, so I'll probably dip into that next. One of the good things about living in a world without cable or any regular TV viewing is that these things are all brand new to me.

14. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

Anybody got the season 3 deleted scenes.

15. kipron

kipron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Indeed. :eek:

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=541MstpLarQ

That image of her
    fading away
    is among the most beautiful this show has ever achieved, glad it's preserved as a deleted scene at least.

16. MyCylon

^
    It is beautiful. But somehow it didn't really work for me. I can't quite put my finger on it. I'm certainly glad they removed it. It is an interesting notion, but I think it would have needed to be done differently.

They used to be available online at SciFi.com. I'm not sure they're there anymore though.

17. Ethros

Whoa, great deleted scene. Why the frak did they remove it?!

Does this mean its canon though or not. If it is it confirms Head-Six as an Angel of God, whereas if it not its still up in the air I suppose

18. David cgc

David cgc Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, I don't know about "confirms." I mean, we knew that she claimed to be an angel, at least since Baltar's CAT scan in midseason 2.

I did go back and look at the episodes around "Road" and am pretty sure that we have not, indeed, seen Head-Six since then.

19. MyCylon

It was cut so I'd clearly say no. I wonder did they remove it because they were still toying with what exactly the nature of Head Six was at that point and wanted to keep several options open.

Yeah, I think that's true. She is notably absent most of the time after that.