Who is your favourite and least favourite captain?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by garaks the best, May 4, 2013.

1. Stardate

Stardate Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Favorite Picard or Kirk. They are the 2 kings of Star Trek captains.

Other were just poor. Janeway had annoying voice, Archer had stick up his ass, Sisko wasent captain of the ship really.

2. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

As I recall, Torres earned that promotion by helping Voyager get out of a precarious situation in "Parallax." The post wasn't given to her.

--Sran

3. alexianyc

alexianyc Ensign Red Shirt

Favorite - Kirk.

Least favorite - Archer.

4. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

B'elana was a utilitarian promotion. She'd proven herself to Janeway that despite her discipline issues she was just a better engineering than lameboy. Also the promotion was a message to the Maquis that they are equal members of the crew.

I didn't know until recently that all human characters in Voyager were under explicit instructions to be lame.

It's true Janeway was a hypocrite in some ways but that isn't necessarily a negative for a fictional character.

I'd prefer that over Archers perpetually slightly annoyed manner of dealing with everyone and everything.

5. Belz...

Belz... Commodore Commodore

In a finely-crafted cosmos... of my own making.
    Could you expand on that ?

6. Vulcan Logician

Vulcan Logician Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

:klingon: Stop hating VOY guys!!! :klingon:

7. Captain McBain

Captain McBain Captain Captain

How in the world can you like Archer and Janeway more than Picard? :confused:

8. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

Because he can.

--Sran

9. Push The Button

Push The Button Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

1.Kirk - soldier, diplomat, tactical genius, could hold his own leading a fleet of ships, or in a bare-knuckle fight; everything a starship captain should be.

2. Picard - the thinking man's captain, perfect man for the time in Federation history that he served in.

3. Sisko - had the best elements of both Kirk and Picard, I only rank him third because I didn't want to have him share second with Picard.

4. Janeway - tough and resourceful, got her ship and crew home against all odds.

5. Archer - I always liked Archer, but he was always at a great disadvantage compared to the other captains, and lacked the seasoning and shared tradition that the others had.

They were all great, each in their own way.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  10. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Agree.:vulcan:

11. desertstarlover

desertstarlover Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Favorite: Picard, because he is so level-headed, almost never losing his cool.

Least Favorite: Sisko, because he is often too emotional to be rational. And to lead requires one to be rational.