Who had the worst romance subplot

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by M.A.C.O., Aug 26, 2014.

?

Who had the worst romance subplot?

1. Deanna and Worf

32.9%
  2. Kira and O'Brien

13.7%
  3. Seven and Chakotay

63.0%
  4. T'Pol and Trip

9.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

"Quark and the Klingon"...LMAO!...

Sound like one of those "Two-some" shows from the eighties like:

"Jake and the Fat Man"
    "Dempsey and Makepeace"
    "MacGruder and Loud"
    "Hardcastle and McCormick"

:lol:

2. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

Grilka (or something close to that I think), Quark's Klingon wife, was a pretty cool character. I thought she and Quark had a pretty good interaction that I'd like to have seen more of. I can think of a lot of couples I liked a lot less.

3. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

The on-screen chemistry between the actors is what makes the Quark-Grilka relationship work. It's adversarial, just like how Stewart and DeLancie worked well together.

4. RainKing

RainKing Lieutenant Red Shirt

Deanna and Worf worked for me. Although it was a puzzling pairing, I think it brought out good things in both characters and it was nice to see someone else step in after watching Riker sit on the pot for so long without shi**ing. I'm a classy guy.

Kira and O'Brien worked for me, as well. This was not an actual relationship or even a romance though. This was a very brief exploration of sudden attraction due to unusual circumstances and I enjoyed watching it.

Seven and Chakotay. Boo. If the Doctor had hair, the writers would have given him the go ahead instead.

Trip and T'Pol had a nice romance that I enjoyed watching develop and was aghast to see it dissolved on a stupid whim as if it were the end of a reset episode.

Not in the poll, my least favorite romantic subplot was virtually anything involving Picard that didn't also involve Crusher - not because I'm a huge Picard/Crusher "shipper" (I believe you hepcats call it) but just because watching Picard try and get laid always seemed an exercise in awkwardness (for me). It was like being forced to watch your Dad try and pull. Plus those episodes really made you realize that he was indeed British and not French. ;)

5. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:rommie: >>SNORT!!!<<

That reminds me of when I was 9 - my mother was walking with me from the store to the car and a couple of young guys are in the parking lot checking her out, eyeing her up and down. I remember thinking, "that's my mom you guys are checking out - OK? - somebody's mother!" Like they were kind of hard-up, or something; I just remember being appalled.

6. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Yeah, I liked Quark and Grilka,too. And didn't mind Deanna/Worf as a change of pace. They were an odd pairing, but interesting.

7. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

I do agree with RainKing. Even though I shipped Riker with Troi, after years of him keeping her on the back burner while he screwed his way thru the galaxy, Troi deserved better. I was hoping she'd get with Tom Riker, but I didn't hate her with Worf. The pairing was well developed, and interesting.

8. HIjol

It is those early memories that cement our personalities...'Frakes, SOMEhow we have got to meet and Grok in Fullness!...

:guffaw: I have the self-same memories...

9. Mareika

Mareika Captain Captain

How can be THIS the worst romance :) ?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

d'awwwwww, I've never seen a photo of Jeri with her father. That's so sweet!

11. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Eww... Just eww.

12. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    He looks like he could be her father.

Their romance works better on paper. There's someone on fanfiction.net who specializes in C/7 stories and has the talent to make it a believable pairing.

13. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's enough fivehead in that 1st photo to project a movie

14. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Interestingly, he is only 14 years older than Jeri Ryan. He's gone white by 60, while she looks like that at 46.

15. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Technically, he's old enough to be her father, and so am I, since I was 17 when she was born.

The actress who played Eddie Albert's mother on Green Acres was only 6 months older than him.

16. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

The Chuckles/Seven relationship.

17. HIjol

Talk about Time being the Fire in which we burn...the Years were not kind to him...

18. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

I don't like Beltran, not even a little. But to say he's "aged badly" is just fucking stupid. The guy still probably looks younger than 90% of all the 60 year old men on the planet. :rolleyes:

19. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

He looks a bit better than he did a few years ago when he was on Big Love.

20. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He would look younger if he coloured his hair.