where to start?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by drunkenkarma, Aug 25, 2010.

1. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Admiral Admiral

I loved Enterprise, but I hate the relaunch books. I recommend Daedalus and Daedalus' Children, set toward the end of season 2. I thought they were great.

Just don't judge all the 500+ novels bad if you dislike the first one you try, ok?

Oh, and if you like DS9 you've got to read A Stitch in Time. Garak's life story written by Andrew Robinson himself. It's standalone, and 100% awesome.

2. ryan123450

ryan123450 Commodore Commodore

I totally agree with KingDaniel. If you love Star Trek, you will love Star Trek books. You just have to find the right ones. With so many choices available there's something for everybody.

3. Destructor

Destructor Commodore Commodore

I initially got into Trek lit via the Shatnerverse novels, but if you really want the most badass Trek novels and you are a DS9 fan, I would recommend giving the DS9 relaunch a whirl.

4. A J

A J Ensign Red Shirt

I respectfully disagree that the only books in the A Time to series that should be read are the last 3. I might be in the minority here, but my favorite books of that 9 book series were Sow/Harvest by Dayton Ward and Kevin Dilmore and Love/Hate by Robert Greenberger.

As for recent standalone TOS books, I highly recommend Ex Machina by Christopher Bennett and the Crucible trilogy by David R. George III.

5. Destructor

Destructor Commodore Commodore

I didn't enjoy the first two 'A Time To...' books, but I just started #4 (Harvest) and it's excellent so far.