So I managed to get the water turned off to the water heater to stop the leak. And I got the basement drain unclogged, so I'm no longer flooded. I even managed to disconnect my old water heater and get a new one delivered. However, due to an apparent plumber shortage in my area, they won't be able to get anyone to install it until next week. So I took it upon myself to install it. So far, it's not going well. I had to remove the old pipes from the water heater with a hack saw, so now I have sliced pipes dangling from the ceiling. The pipes are screwed and glued together so tightly that I can't get them apart no matter how hard I try. I need to remove the old pipes from the house so I can attach the new ones, but they just won't budge. It should be as simple as turning a wrench, but it's just not working. I may have to get a torch and a soldering iron, but I'm not super comfortable with that kind of work.