Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by TK421, Dec 13, 2008.

1. dayxday1000

dayxday1000 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Or, you could spend less time here and start frequenting threads that don't offend you as much. You have a choice. :)

2. Expo67

Expo67 Captain

It's not a question of being dowdy, it's a question of(as DS9Sega would say with Garrovick's picture)staying on topic.

Although, I will admit the spoof of the J Geils Band song is humorous, if not clever.

3. Expo67

Expo67 Captain

I don't like to repeat myself, but I'll make an exception just this once. Especially, since you are a Starship Exeter veteran. I'M NOT offended by female nudity and sexual intercourse.

Nevertheless, there is a time and a place for the physical act of love, as well as the discussion of it. This thread is NOT the place for it. Which is why I recommended a seperate thread be made concerning the 'carnal' themed topic.

4. Robert Simmons

Robert Simmons Commander Red Shirt

Out There Joy Riding a console hopping galaxies
    Let's put some tassels on those ramscoops. There...everyone feel better now?

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

6. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've heard Kirk and Scott's pod inspection of the refit-ENT in TMP compared to a high class full strip dance before. I think that's more than a fair comparison.

7. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

Oh, my goodness! The folds of her sensor dish are right there for everyone to see!

And Barbreader, I'm afraid that most fan films that cease production do so because their production team gets sidetracked, perhaps by real life, perhaps by other interests.

Maurice, after your edit, will Jimm be the one to give or deny full approval of your efforts?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  8. Admiral Buzzkill

David Gerrold maintained that from a certain angle the Enterprise D looked like a woman with her legs spread. I confess I've never been able to see that, at all - and I confess that I've made the effort. :lol:

9. Potemkin_Prod

I never saw it either, but I didn't go looking for it.

10. Admiral Buzzkill

11. Potemkin_Prod

Naw, just creeped me out that Gerrold would suggest that it looked that way. :D

12. dayxday1000

dayxday1000 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

:lol:

13. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

Aw, now ya gone and spoiled the surprise...

And another filk song is born...

14. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Did I say otherwise? I was responding to Expo67's claim this thread did not address the topic of what happened to Starship Exeter. (I've seen some run out of money, get booted by their landlords, have their sets destroyed by natural disasters, have major creative differences among the principles... there are other reasons. I've had e-mail exchanges which I consider private in which I have ... let's just say used my lawyerly skills to get two people in one project back together. That project is making good progress and I am hoping for a film. I think I convinced them both that the overall project was bigger than their fight. And, then, there are those that produced one or more films and that's enough, whether it's OGAM (1 big film) or Hidden Frontier (over 50 just on their first series, still doing audio).)

But I do not disagree with your thesis that MOST fan films that cease production do so due to being sidetracked. That said. Exeter has not ceased post-production. It's just on a Planet on which time moves more slowly than here on Earth 0. (Ok, I borrowed that from the Superman multi-verse, so sue me...)

15. Admiral Buzzkill

The folks working on Starship Exeter have offered the explanations they have and are willing to offer - repeatedly. Expo67 isn't entitled to anything beyond that, and nothing else is going to be forthcoming. DS9Sega is doing what he can and what's necessary to finish the movie.

That's the end of the update on what's happened behind the scenes. Any actual progress report will almost certainly come only from DS9Sega - the rest of us can either entertain ourselves by chatting here, or go away until there's news. What won't be happening on the part of the filmmakers is a lot of hashing over and feeding peoples' pet theories about the production delays.

Now, as to the question of whether Abrams's Enterprise looks better with TOS-red pasties or blue...

16. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

What about command gold?

17. Admiral Buzzkill

18. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

How about a naval piercing on the deflector dish and a tramp stamp under the shuttlebay??

19. Admiral Buzzkill

Tramp stamps are kind of passe, though I can remember when they seemed like a lot of ink. :lol:

20. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol: