What was your frist star trek experience

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Tcsfan, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Tcsfan

Tcsfan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Like who told you about it what series was it or movie if you could what was the name of the episodes

2. Tcsfan

Mine was well really the frist star trek thing I ever saw was about three years ago when I was ten it was 8 ish but I saw star trek on the tv guid so I was like what the heck their is nothing on tv so I watched frist contact ( I got my parents to let me stay up late :) ) it was awesome I had a little crush on data it that is not what got me on st

3. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

My grandmother watched TNG weekly. I was born a couple of weeks before its premiere, so it aired every week (and upon syndication, every night) in the apartments I grew up in. The films were also watched rather frequently.

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's "not" what got you started?

My first experience was seeing The Doomsday Machine when I was 5 years old and shatting myself in fear.

5. Tcsfan

It was a Sunday morning about 8 months ago me and my dad was home alone we were on Netflix and he saw st entprise and he put on th frist episode I was like omg this is the best I wached almost every episode you should have seen me when I wached tng for he frist time It was awesome sice then I wach at least 2 str trek episode a day if not more

6. Tcsfan

Sorry I decided to do it in two post because I am on my iPad and that is a lot of typing

7. Tcsfan

Oh and the movie dint get me hooked on it it was enterprise the movie was just a little help to get me to like st I don't like it till I saw ent

8. Tcsfan

Didnt not don't

9. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I'm old. I got hooked on the original series back when it originally ran on NBC back in the sixties. Can't remember my first episode. "The Mantrap" maybe. I remember finding the Salt Vampire very scary . . . .

10. teacake

The salt vampire is still horrifying.

11. Tcsfan

Yhea that was a cool episode I have a strange tendency to talk to the charters so I was like trying to warn them

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  12. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Uh, Tcsfan. You can edit posts. You know that, right?

As for the thread, my FIRST experience was reruns of S1 TNG and the worst of TOS (stuff like And The Children Shall Lead). I dismissed ST for a long time without giving it a second thought.

It wasn't until a friend reintroduced me to TNG and some of the less terrible parts of it that I was really able to enjoy the franchise.

13. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm also old. Not quite as old as Greg, but almost. I grew up with TOS in syndication during the 70s. I don't remember my first exposure to Trek because it's always been a part of my life (thanks, Dad).

My earliest Trek memory is I Mudd. Specifically the scene early on where we're first introduced to Stella. I thought it was cool this guy kept his wife in a closet.

14. Sumghai

Sumghai Lieutenant Red Shirt

Watching The Undiscovered Country when I was still in Primary (Elementary) school. Bit of a shame that I was neither old enough, nor was my English that developed at the time to understand some of the classic lines from the film.

15. Harbinger

Harbinger Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Oddly enough I think my first Star Trek experience was Star Trek: The Motion Picture. I had seen bits and pieces of the TV series as a kid but never really watched them all the way through. The movie I did and I really loved it (and still do) as a child. I kept thinking how awesome and creepy the whole V'Ger cloud was and the interior of the ship. I still think today V'Ger is one of the largest spacecraft ever depicted on the big screen.

And that Klingon battle theme is the best!

16. teacake

I love that Klingon music so much.. I think of it as the Klingon Calvary theme.

17. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

Born in 1971, I can't remember a time when I wasn't a Star Trek fan.

18. Alienesse

Alienesse Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My first Trek experience was watching TNG on Sunday evenings, in the early 90s. I remember being mesmerized from the beginning. :adore:

19. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

I was at a sleepover with a friend of mine back in eight grade and he just had to watch the DS9 season finale "The Adversary." I had no choice but to watch with him but I found that I enjoyed it. As a result, I spent the summer watching reruns of TNG and was instantly hooked.

20. BDJ

BDJ Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I was about 5, it was during the final season of TOS.

I don't know what show my folks were watching but I distinctly remember walking into the living room from my bedroom when I heard the theme song start and getting a rush when I heard Shatner's "Space..the Final Frontier..."

Then my dad got up and quickly flipped the channel and said "I'm not watching that space s*^t!!!"

It wasn't until TAS came on Saturday mornings that I got re-introduced and then I was hooked. I searched out the late night re-runs and the rest is history!