What Trek Ship suffered the most damage and beating?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by jpch, Jun 10, 2012.

?

Wich Ship displayed largest amount of endurance and defensive ability?

1. USS Enterprise-E

13 vote(s)
    27.1%
  2. USS Voyager

17 vote(s)
    35.4%
  3. USS Defiant

13 vote(s)
    27.1%
  4. USS Enterprise -D

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. USS Enterprise-A

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. USS Enterprise-NX

8 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. USS Enterprise-jj abrams

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

^ The Enterprise-D has that beat with "Yesterday's Enterprise".

2. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

Well, good to know I'm not the only weirdo who picked D.

3. BK613

BK613 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"One Seven Oh One. No bloody A, B, C, or D." (or E)
    oh wait, not on the list!?

4. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

i want to vote for ent C. that took the most pounding. end of. also her captain had the most segmented neck of any starfleet captain ever. seriously watch yesterdays enterprise and try not to stare at her neck!

5. Knight Templar

Knight Templar Commodore

Too bad we couldn't vote for the Oberth class.

Those ships were pure death traps.

6. jpch

jpch Commander Red Shirt

Delta Quadrant Borg Queen appartement 8472
    Lol XD

7. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

NX-01 obvs, late Season 3 anyone?

[​IMG]

Complete with those poor crew members going for a ride
    [​IMG]

8. Knight Templar

Knight Templar Commodore

If I had served on the NX-01 Enterprise I think I would've eaten, worked, and slept in a spacesuit.

9. jpch

jpch Commander Red Shirt

ahahahahaha:rommie:

10. SilentP

SilentP Commodore Commodore

I vote for the NX for the above photo's reason. That and the fact that it couldn't replicate replacement parts like the others. Also doesn't help that the ship was essentially the first of a new generation of human starships (not just a new class like Voyager and the Defiant was, but a whole new level of ship capability) so the technology only has a few years of familiarity to it's engineers (skilled though they are).

11. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

I also like that in Season 3 (like BSG did,) when it was damaged, it stayed damaged for the following episodes. All the way till it was finally repaired/refitted in 4.03

Unlike say VOY where the ship would come under sever fire, and the next episode it was perfectly fine- Deadlock, The Killing Game, Equinox pt.2 etc
    Even DS9 did it with Season 4's To The Death where an upper pylon was blown away, but of course next week it was 100% fixed

12. jpch

jpch Commander Red Shirt

my most hated thing is Voyager critics who most of the time have bad reference.

1/ in Deadlock the Voy was only internally damage,with microfractures etc...would be easy to repair anything in the 24th centuary when you can replicate whatever.

2/Killling game also had only internal damage.

3/ Equinox yeah Voy was Damaged by the aliens so what? and it was repaired miraculously? is that the first time you see it in a series or movie XD...i don't see anyone getting annoyed over the Enterprise-D getting a huge part of its hull chopped off in Qwho....then continuing on its way fully repaired in the next cut scene.thats just cause people prefer TNG over the others and ignore all the inconsistencies that are so obvious in all trek. people should just watch and enjoy without nagging and picking every detail.

13. SilentP

SilentP Commodore Commodore

Well with your example with TNG, it's less feasible for them to have shown the damage because they only had the physical ship models to show in the space shots (a 4 foot and 6 foot model, if I'm right?), while Voyager was a CGI model, so you could always modify a copy of the computer model to show the damage. Also, the section cut out of the Ent-D wouldn't really have been visible on a 600metre, 42 deck ship.

14. Xhiandra

Xhiandra Captain Captain

Hmm, let's see.

- Since TNG wasn't an action-oriented series, D got into relatively few scrapes and in those it oft dominated or got dominated quickly. Then there's its obliteration in Generations.

- A wasn't really confronted with long battles either.

- The Defiant survived many battles, some of which proved deadly to might Galaxy-class ships, but it usually did so through alacrity and raw firepower, not resilience.

- Voyager's main trick was its near-endless supply of reset buttons, nothing to do with the ship itself.

- NX sure took a lot of abuse in the Xindi arc.

- E was partly assimilated and used to ram a powerhouse... and live to tell the tale.

So, I'd say: E>NX>Defiant>D>A>Voyager in terms of defensive capability.

15. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

There seems to be two different questions being asked here, the title of the thread: Which ship took the biggest beatings; and the poll question, Which ship had the best defences?

For the former I would say Voyager, even though the hull always looked immaculate in the next episode and there was never any worries about spare metal to patch up breaches or new conduit piping, etc.

For the latter I would say the Defiant, as she is small, highly agile, equipped with ablative armour and was primarily designed to fight. Add to that pulse phasers and quantum torpedoes as her armament and she's pretty badass.

16. ngc7293

ngc7293 Commander Red Shirt

Well, you're a little late at reprimanding me. Someone beat you to it! :D

Like the other guy said, so I got the 'A' wrong but the question would stand for ST-III when kirk toasted his ship.

Yes, the Enterprise-D was destroyed by "a 20 year old Klingon ship" but what people keep forgetting (or not mentioning) is that those Klingons had the access codes to the Enterprise's shields and took them down, just as the Enterprise had done to the Relient back in Star Trek II. There's a reason they keep the shields up when they're in battle. [/quote]

So the E-D was in battle and Lost because someone had their codes just as the Reliant lost because Kirk used those codes. It sounds like any Federation ship could have done that (and ended a couple episodes short) It was still a battle and the E-D still lost it.

No, it didn't. That was Captain Harriman. The Sulu who was piloting the Enterprise-B was Demora Sulu - Captain Sulu's daughter.

Did you get a single fact right?[/QUOTE]

Since it isn't in the List, why argu which sulu was on which ship? Since neither the Excelsior or the E-B was a hero ship, it doesn't matter.

17. jpch

jpch Commander Red Shirt

actually you are quite mistaken about voyager reset buttons has nothing to do with the amount of damage the ship took.
    the Intrepid class itself seems a very defensive ship,from the beating it took in year of hell to the confrontation with the Tactical cube in unimatrix 0,it proved it has far more resilience/Defense in combat then the D/NX/Defiant easily. only ship that actually might beat it in that department is ENt-E,on screen evidence clearly proves it.

18. jpch

jpch Commander Red Shirt

the example that she/he was referring to in deadlock they used models in season 2 of voyager not cgi as well. in addition CGI scenes with details(hull debris fragment etc...)costs a lot of money.