What the frak do we do now.

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Hartzilla2007, Mar 22, 2009.

1. vampgrrl

vampgrrl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I did go to DC one year, several years ago and did meet Richard Hatch...he was very open to fans, very nice guy. I met Tricia Heilfer as well...who was wickedly nice as well.
    (I was one of the first people who mailed tahmoh penikett's agent for an autograph, and I think he was so thrilled after the mini...he sent me back a head shot and hand wrote me out an entire 1 page letter...so I'm hoping he does come this year, if he can...I'd love to finally say hi all these years later)

2. vampgrrl

Oh and in reply what do we do now?
    Besides ST, Caprica, etc.

The one thing I have gotten out of good scifi at times, is the ability to inspire myself to something better. Besides the fact that it is good drama at times, why are we drawn to scifi? It's the adventure, the journey, the larger than life stories...
    BSG was one of many things that got me to leave Atlanta and move on to something else..or inspired me to think about the bigger picture, and where my life was headed.
    Hell, I'm actually considering going skydiving...you only live once...unless your name is Kara Thrace.

3. Zod

Zod Commander Red Shirt

I am

http://www.colonialfleet.org/quorum/index.php?showuser=1344

I don't post all that often there, but joined to stay in touch with the people I met at Dragon Con.

4. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

Go on with your life. The future of humankind is up to you now.

5. Gep Malakai

Gep Malakai Vice Admiral Admiral

It's our duty to stop the coming robot holocaust.

6. vampgrrl

I dunno, I'm ok with a robot holocaust.

Have you seen the news lately? We are in need of a reboot.

7. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Look up here, I’m in heaven Moderator

I'm TheStig over there.

8. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

9. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Look up here, I’m in heaven Moderator

The end credits alone are worth watching.

10. Admiral Buzzkill

Yeah, it starts off as a mildly tacky mash-up of sorts then goes off on a tangent at about the point of the "upbeat '70s episode tag" scene. :lol:

11. V

V Commodore Commodore

"Caprica" is going to stink, not least of which because Jane Espenson is in charge, (and guys...its not the same cast or situation, it's not our show) and "the Plan" is just a one-shot. They said that's almost certaintly the only TV movie they'll ever do (they actually filmed it before the finale)

Just go; BSG season 1 and 2 were amazing, but season 3 was a disaster; season 4 fixed what it could, but its not what we came here fore (disappearing Starbuck, no Cylon Plan, and just vague "it really was Angels and God" rather than actual "answers")

My advice is....well why did I get into BSG in the first place? Former DS9 writers were attached to it, and I liked DS9

problem is the great writers from seasons 1 and 2 are kind of on break at the moment (understandably) and the only one actually working on anything at the moment is Toni Graphia on Terminator.

My advice is....don't just sit around and be one of those fans of Space:1999 today; that is, not "I like the show" but "I actively run fansites and obsessively rewatch the show every day for the past 15 years"

If you recall,this inability to "let go" is what made Voyager and Enterprise a "remember when we had a hit with Next Gen? Those were good times" -fest.

It's time to let go; and follow new shows that have a similar dark and realistic "tone" and deal with mature subjects intelligently; for example, Dollhouse is actaully really great. And Terminator actually has old BSG writers.

But guys....the show is over. It's *not* a new franchise like Trek was; there aren't dozens of new worlds and stories to explore; it was just the story of Galactica in the middle of dead space with no aliens, and unless you want to spend years writing and reading fanfic about people trapped on the ship....basically just repeating what the series already did without saying anything new....its time to move on.

We're at a major watershed moment in TV. My advice would at least be to wait for the fall premieres.

And never trust Scifi/SYFYlis again.

12. Admiral Buzzkill

Espenson is great. Good luck to her. :)

13. Zod

Zod Commander Red Shirt

You had the cardboard cylon costume right? I have pictures of you lol