What the frak do we do now.

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Hartzilla2007, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Watch Caprica, find out it sucks. Watch The Plan, discuss it.

Within a couple of years, discussion biols down to a minimum and we are enveloped by General S/F.

All of this has happened before...

2. Nobody

Nobody Commodore Commodore

Ugh. That makes me jealous. Outside of my family, I only know 2 people who watch this show. One guy we got him to watch a month ago and he's only a quarter of the way through season 4 (he's averaging a season a week, pretty damn good) so I can't talk to him about everything yet.

My family, the other friend and I have all been talking about what the frak we do now. So far, no concrete answer except "watch it again."

-nobody

3. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Watch The Wire or Dexter.

4. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Watch Terminator (hey we are getting a lot of BSG people to work on the show after all).

5. vampgrrl

vampgrrl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm sticking with Caprica (since Skiffy ordered a full season) and summer movies.

Or we could all just pull a Cavil and blow our brains out.
    Har har.

6. Zod

Zod Commander Red Shirt

After that we will still have that Vegas re-union thingie. Wasn't that speech by EJO awesome at the party? When he was screming "so say we all" I had goosebumps. I can't wait for D-Con 09.

Too bad about the forums going away, though its not going away anytime soon. Some people were extremely upset by Kris and Jess's decision, though I think I understand why they are doing it after listening to that podcast. Blacksheep is still upset lol.

7. acappellasaurus

acappellasaurus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Beginning tonight, with the miniseries, I am formally introducing my wife to BSG. She and I are going to watch it all from beginning to end, and she has only ever seen the mini, and that's when it first aired.

8. vampgrrl

vampgrrl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

When and where will info be posted on any BSG panel at DC 09? And Fleet Party? I'm definitely interested in going...its about the only way you can get me to leave my beloved New Orleans for a weekend. :)

9. Zod

Zod Commander Red Shirt

On the DC web page you can get a list of guests which will change over the course of the summer. Some will drop out, new ones will be added. As for the schedule, well it comes out very close the the actual dates of the con. I did not know what time the events were going to happen till I got there the night before it started and waited in line to get the ID card, and in that same room they were handing out the event schedules and a book with general con information.

The fleet party was by far the best of the official parties imo. The firefly party was going on the same time as ours and none of the cast showed. For our party all of them in attendance showed up. The cast members mingled with us backstage and around the main room (especially Richard Hatch) and later on Aaron Douglas joined us for drinking in the Marriott. Michael Hogan even got on somebody's cell-phone and yelled at the guy on the other end as Tigh-which was very funny. It was a memorable party and overall great night.

10. Frontman

Frontman Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

NO! My whole life was centered around watching BSG and waiting for new episodes and now that it's over I feel emptiness and my life doesn't have any sense any more. The worst part is that I totally wasn't aware of it until the last ep.
    And now, after the final, I don't care to watch the plan or even less The Caprica.

11. PheonixRising

PheonixRising Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hopefully RDM raised the bar a bit for future sci fi on television. In 2003 while we were miring in bad star trek episodes and arguing over whether Richard Hatch's silly BSG revival was the air apparent, we got hit with the excellent BSG miniseries. I hope it will be remembered for taking chances at a time when sci fi tv needed some dynamic writing and a good dose of reality.

It wasnt perfect, there were clunker episodes, and some bad plot lines but more so than not, it hit the mark. It's a tv show. Taken as a whole it was one of the better one's. It revived a tv genre than needed a good kick in the a$$ and I hope other writers and producers will take note and realize that you dont have to play it safe in order to get ratings.

I see a lot of comments where people are analyzing every bit of minuate in the finale. I dont want to do that. Im happy we got a satisfying ending to an original sci fi show.

Im gonna pull out my B5 and DS9 DVD's, have a few marathons and then in a few months when the dust settles start watching BSG all over again with a newbie friend. It would be cool to see how the characters evolved from the beginning now that I know how it all turned out.

12. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm watching "Dollhouse." And there's some kind of "Star Track" movie coming out in a few weeks. :)

13. Alpha_Geek

Alpha_Geek Commodore Commodore

What do we do now? We try to puzzle out what Languatron will rant about next, of course! :lol::guffaw::lol::guffaw:

14. Starwind

Starwind Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Finally read a real, printed-on-paper book.

15. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fuck that noise. Youtube awaits!

16. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

Looking to Great Britain, BBCAmerica has been running Series 1 of Ashes to Ashes (not sure when/if there will be a Series 2), BBC just finished showing the first series of vampire+werewolf+ghost explore the human condition show called Being Human, and ITV just finished a run of a Buffy/Dracula knockish-off called Demons, which stars Philip Glenister.

If you haven't seen these, I highly recommend them.

Doctor Who will be having specials soon, and Torchwood Series 3 will be out this summer (and it will essentially be simulcast on both sides of the Pond).

In the US, we still have Caprica next month and The Plan this fall, with Caprica The Series in 2010. Stargate:Universe is up for 2010 too, and Warehouse 13 will likely go an entire season but will be as bad as Flash Gordon was.

If you're looking for some good reading, I also recommend Stephen R. Lawhead's Cymrufied Robin Hood Trilogy, Hood, Scarlet, and Tuck.

It's also possible that the new Trek movie will spurn an interest in a new TV series, which might be able to debut as a 2010 midseason, or a 2010-2011 regular season show, IF we generate the interest.

GI Joe comes out this summer, as does Wolverine.

And there's always the Soviet version of Sherlock Holmes to "obtain" if you're bored.

17. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

Pretty much all my TV shows have ended now (The Shield, now BSG recently), and I haven't seen anything which has taken my interest.

I still watch Lost and Heroes, but they really aren't too great and not on the same level as BSG. I've never been a DW fan, well thats a lie I was when I was a kid but its just campy fun really.

18. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Rated Awesome By 9 out of 10 Awesome Experts Moderator

The Fleet party will probably be on Saturday night, based on what it has been the last two years. So who are you on the Fleet?

19. Nobody

Nobody Commodore Commodore

My friends and I were more concerned about TV sci-fi then other media. We really became involved in the show, and it was certainly sad to see it go. There's nothing on TV we're invested in as BSG. Same goes with other media -- just not as emotionally invested in anything out there like we were BSG. Of course, we'll find something to entertain us and provoke our thoughts eventually. :p

-nobody

20. freak

freak Commodore Commodore

I'll probably wait until Caprica comes out on DVD and watch it. Then wait til the new Trek movie comes out and go see it. Until then, I'll stick to watching NCIS! :)