What the frak do we do now.

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Hartzilla2007, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

With nuBSG over what are we supposed to do now besides wait for the Plan to come out in the fall.

2. vampgrrl

vampgrrl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Buy Caprica in 4 weeks, have viewing parties, drink beer. Wait 2 weeks..go see Star Trek...wait a bit longer, go see the BSG sequel, Terminator: Salavation wait a few weeks...go see BSG: The Plan.
    Go to Dragoncon, go to BSG Colonial Fleet party...then die.

3. Gregsmack

Gregsmack Captain Captain

Every poster should prepare a new series, fully conceptualized and written, for the scrutiny of other posters. Seriously. It'll be fun.

4. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

Find a new show to watch.

5. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

I'm having withdraws! Time to pop in the DVDs

6. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

It still hasn't quite sunk in yet that the story is over. Obviously we'll have Caprica but no matter how good it is I don't think it'll match BSG.

7. vampgrrl

It shouldn't have to. It should stand on its own as good or bad, and I'm hopeful. Besides Bear is doing the music there as well (and I am a fan of the 2 main actors)

8. DBR

DBR Vice Admiral Admiral

Cry in your beer until something else comes along that captures your interest.

I went through this when DS9 ended. There was suddenly nothing on that I loved to watch. I watched Voyager, but only because I was waiting for it to be good. Eventually I picked up the Star Trek novels and read those pretty religiously until Enterprise came along (which I abandoned pretty fast), then BSG, and now I have to find something else.

9. vampgrrl

Well hopefully RDM raised the bar...so you won't have to wait long?

10. thinker

thinker Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

FTW!

You have everything pretty much organized eh? We need people like you to.. OH GOD TERMINATOR.

11. vampgrrl

Ha.
    Ha.
    Its funny...I had gotten away from scifi for a while and just secretly watched BSG season 4.5...

But all this geekin' out is fun!

12. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I'm going to get the Blu-Ray boxed set and watch the whole lot from the start in glorious 1080p. :techman:

13. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

For the cheapskates among us (e.g., me) Caprica is also available to save for rental via Netflix now.

14. Bishbot

Bishbot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

We'll argue ceaselessly until something else comes along of course... its unfortunate, I think I have pretty much now watched all the good space opera shows there have been (except the anime ones - he said, pre-empting). Last time BSG went away for a long time I watched all of B5, which I knew fairly well, but had never watched from start to finish - now its gone for good there's... nothing.

I am enjoying Terminator, and Dollhouse, but they don't do what BSG did, and anyway, they're not long for this world either. I can't get excited for Caprica, because "Daybreak" pretty much turned it into a very small story. I dunno, there's got to be something out there.

15. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Rated Awesome By 9 out of 10 Awesome Experts Moderator

I would recommend going to this year's Colonial Fleet party at Dragon*Con because it will be the last. Damn shame if you ask me.

16. vampgrrl

Really? Just because the series is over? I've never been to one..and I could kick myself as I wanted to stay in New Orleans last year, then Hurricane Gustav forced me to evacuate to Atlanta but I wasn't prepared to go to DC.
    I'm buying a ticket this year as I know EJO will be there and he doesn't strike me as a yearly convention kinda guy so I wanted to get the opportunity to meet him before BSG fades into the collective consciousness of society.

Is there any extra tickets you have to buy to get into the Colonial Fleet party? I haven't seen any concrete info on it yet.

17. Awesome Possum

The Colonial Fleet party is free to all con attendees. I'm a member of the Colonial Fleet group and the leaders pretty much decided to end it, Dragon*Con will be the last official thing for the group. It's a great party, pretty much the whole cast showed up last year and EJO gave us an Adama style speech. After hearing it in person, I can understand why his crew would follow him to hell and back.

18. vampgrrl

That's too bad. However BSG doesn't lend itself to constant spinoffs the way Trek does...

I will definately be there. I haven't decided if I want to make some BSG BDUs or just come as I am but it sounds like fun (I was at the packed Farscape party at the Chamber in Atlanta in 2002...)

19. Awesome Possum

Be sure to look me up there. I'll be around during the whole thing. My last costume for the party is now infamous.

20. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Now that the series is over, I will have to move on to something else. I have the DVDs and I can rewatch the series, or specific episodes, anytime I want. I've also been showing the series to my friend - she's only about half-way through season 3. So we'll need to watch until the end. I suspect she'll be as disappointed about the finale as I am, but everything leading up to that moment is great so I won't ruin it for her.

I'll probably find a new show to watch. Maybe something on DVD that I've never taken the time to see. BSG was a bit of a "watercooler" show for me at work. There were several fans amongst my co-workers. So it'll be weird not to have that to talk about anymore.