What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I can't play Arkham City until October!

And I tried playing RDR, and I had a really hard time getting into it. Marsten was a BORING character.

2. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Sorry, I meant to say Arkham Asylum. But based on your response I presume you already played that.

I can see how RDR wouldn't be for everyone. I personally loved it.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Three times. :D

I got it because it had such rave reviews, and I really enjoyed the GTA games on PS2. I just don't think I am a fan of the western genre.

It's okay, though. My roommate stole it and played it for weeks on end, so it got its money's worth.

4. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been playing Fallout New Vegas
    having a fun time with a bunch of mods, even made my own :D

5. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Picked up C&C Generals today so I'll give that a go:)

6. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

So I guess you liked Arkham Asylum eh. ;)

Yeah I'm not really a fan the western genre either (be it games or movies). But for some reason I really enjoyed RDR.

But hey, I've also bought a few games that got very good reviews and I didn't really enjoy them. It happens sometimes.

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Indeed. I'm not too heartbroken over it.

I would buy Force Unleashed II, but I was incredibly underwhelmed by the first one and haven't heard particularly good things about it, so it seems kinda wasteful.

I need to try out those Ratchet and Clank games.

8. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

Assassin's Creed

I played the Assassin's Creed games for the first time this summer. OMG! This might be the best franchise ever! I love all the free running and the epic story line that keeps getting more bizarre with each game. I spent most of my summer playing just these.

Assassin's Creed 2 is the only game I've ever 1000'd and AC 1 would be too if it weren't for three stupid achievements. I actually stopped playing 1 about halfway through, started and completed 2, and then went back and finished 1. The bad part about this is that 2 completely spoils the ending to 1 so that made completing 1 somewhat less epic.

Brotherhood was neat and I liked how it takes place in just one city so there's no load screens between travel points. Some of the guild challenges I found frustrating as the descriptions were kind of vague sometimes. I hated full synch. That was BS and usually just made the mission needlessly frustrating and not more interesting.

Mass Effect 2

I completed a second play through of Mass Effect 2, this time as a female renegade vanguard. So badass! I guess she's so mean from all those years of being picked on for being a ginger.

Halo: Reach

I finally got to captain through more campaign play throughs than I care to admit. Now I have to figure out the "If they came to hear me beg..." chevo because I've failed about 100 attempts with that. What's frustrating is that it seems so straight forward and simple but at the same time impossible.

Dragon Age 2

Pretty cool rpg but the repetition kinda wears on you. Lots to do and lots of loot, though, with an interesting world history. I find the conversations between your friends to be absolutely hilarious, especially when Varric is present. That's why he's always in my party. Well, that and lock picking since I'm a meat head warrior.

9. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I hate that achievement.

10. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hated full synch also. Can't tell you how many times I had to replay that goddamn tank mission to get it. :scream: The timed ones were annoying too. I'd pretty much have to always do them twice, once to thoroughly explore and make sure I found all the flags etc. and then a second time to beat the timer.

11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I've thought about buying FU2, however because of the fact that it doesn't have a proper ending and that there won't be a FU2 I decided not to get it.

And the R&C games are all a lot of fun. Tools of Destruction was one of my first PS3 games and I completed it like four times. ;)

12. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

^^Yeah after a while I just said "Forget this!" and played my own way. Still ended up with 87% total synch and maybe one day I'll go back and try to synch some more memories.

13. DBR

DBR Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm now on [*paid*cough*] medical leave for stress for one month (something to do with high blood pressure and my eyesight.) So naturally I want to spend the whole time getting worked up and frustrated playing games, yet there isn't really anything out there that's turning my crank. If only I could have gotten some time off in two months . . .

Guess I'll give LA Noir another whirl.

14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Been playing TRINE on the PC with friends (3 player co-op). A very interesting platformer that demands team work or you simply can't progress + sequel out later this month ;)

15. stalin2005

stalin2005 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, which is a lot harder than I expected on the medium difficulty.

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

All right, I have decided that Mass Effect 2 will be my new game. I did a little research, saw that Claudia Black is apparently a voice in that one, too. AND I saw Yvonne Strahovski!

Both of my favorite Australian actresses in one video game!

17. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Claudia Black actually voices a couple different characters, though you'll probably only recognize one right off the bat (I didn't know about the others until a friend told me :ouch:). But Yvonne Strahovski's character plays a major role.

Enjoy! The ME games are some of my favorites. :techman:

18. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Unfortunately, I won't be able to play the first one since it isn't on PS3, but this should still be fun.

19. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that does suck. Oh well, at least they added a "digital comic book" that will let you choose the most important decisions in ME1.

20. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

It'll be fine. I mostly just need something to pass the time until Arkham City comes out next month.