What does the new ___ look like? (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by The Super Brando, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe at first. But it was also a major installation owned by the Bajoran government and essential to putting Bajor on the map. Plus it gave their system a unique identity even after they joined the Federation. I'd propose that the station became just as much representative of free Bajor as it did the occupation. If so, I could easily see the Federation being sensitive to the Bajoran sense of national identity and weighing that into their decision regarding the new station's design.

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe it was an unimaginative Bajoran designer:)

3. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

I always felt that the Bajorans would view their control of DS9 as being a victory over the Cardassians.

4. Elias Vaughn

Elias Vaughn Captain Captain

They're honoring the first DS9 while adding more modern, Federation-esque influences.

If all they wanted to do was placate the Cardassians, they could have just asked the castellan to give them another Nor-class station.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

DS9 was originally built with Bajoran slave labor, IIRC. The Bajorans might want the new station to be a tribute to the old one, as a memorial to all of those who died during the occupation.