What Do You Think of the TOS Retro Art Prints

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Bubbles McGee, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Bubbles McGee

Bubbles McGee Lieutenant Commander

Jul 25, 2012
    Right, so the October ones are out. I have to admit that I am less enthusiastic about this batch. Ironically, I really like the Alternative Factor poster as much as I hate the episode. I would rather stare at the poster for an hour than rewatch that episode.
  2. teacock

teacock Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jan 20, 2007
    inside teacake
    The Trouble with Tribbles one looks like a PBS afterschool special.
  3. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mar 15, 2011
    Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    ^ +1. Nice idea but execution doesn't quite work (for me anyway). I think the mondo posters were more successful.

And the Abrams propaganda/constructivist posters are quite cool.
  4. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

Sep 5, 2011
  5. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Jan 30, 2010

see, while i like the illustrations themselves, I don't feel like it really goes with the feel of the episode at all.

I get a militaristic/propaganda/call to arms/revolution vibe from that poster, and that just doesn't really gel with the feel of the episode at all. It was a diplomatic meeting to discuss the entrance of a planet into the federation, and there was some sabotage. Some family drama mixed in as well. Nothing as grandiose as the poster suggests.
    I like the andorians though, but I always like andorians (Pre Enterprise tv series anyway)
  6. plynch

plynch Commodore Commodore

Apr 28, 2007
    Outer Graceland
    Spot on. Though I in fact like the posters.
  7. norse_sage

norse_sage Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Oct 4, 2012
    While the mondo posters are superior by far, I rather like these retro posters too.
    Keep'em coming.

And make some for the Animated Series aswell while they're at it.