What do you plan to do for the final episode and Podcast?

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Saul, Mar 20, 2009.

1. tomalak301

tomalak301 Admiral Premium Member

I was actually thinking about eating some dinner, watching Daybreak 1 on demand, and then starting the DVR after part one ends. Then I get the whole saga and it will probably change my mind regarding my grade from last week.

2. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell Comfortably Numb Premium Member

I changed my avatar for this special occasion. :D

3. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm debating pizza delivery or Krystal's. I'll probably get home after part I has started, so I'll watch that on the DVR and speed through commercials and move on to part II (& III). Someone upthread mentioned beer, and that doesn't sound half bad. I my hit the Scottish ales I've had chilling in the fridge for a couple of months.

Depending on how I feel afterwards, I may rewatch the finale.

4. Apogeal Alpha01

Apogeal Alpha01 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Frying up some catfish, fries, coleslaw and beer. And watching the finale. That's all.

5. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

My sons are coming over to the house to watch the Scifi HD feed in all it's 46" flat screen goodness (along with the 5.1 surround sound). Pizza, my boys and plenty of beer too. Gonna probably DVR the shows and, like others up-thread, watch it slightly time shifted so I don't have to suffer through the damn commercial breaks if I don't want to. (Hey, sometimes one needs the 5 min. commercial break for bathroom and beer runs!)

Q2UnME

6. Ward Fowler

Ward Fowler Commodore Commodore

I'm gonna break out the good liquor. Either the Macallan 18 year old scotch or the BushMills 1608 Irish Whiskey.

7. Magic_Al

Magic_Al Captain Captain

8. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Re: Astronaut BSG fan, watched in space, may appear in finale

It's fascinating to see the impact that such an episode has or may have on the rest of society, but..... let's not post a brand new thread for each and every instance.

9. Kchunda

Kchunda Commander Red Shirt

Drinking game?!

Why have I not ever heard of this?! :scream:

Wow that's hilarious (link). I think me and the fiancee will do this as well as some. . . other stuff. :shifty:

10. tomalak301

I would imagine the best drinking game for this show would be every time the word "frak" is uttered. ;)

11. species5618

species5618 Commodore Commodore

I have around 10 people coming over for the finale. One of them is bringing a projector, so I spent a couple hours last night painting the wall the projector will be aimed at (mainly to get rid of little scuffs and marks). I then spent a couple hours today re-arranging the entire living room and surround sound system due to the new set-up. Now I have to go get some munchies and beer before my friend with the projector stops by. Oh and another friend is baking a cake with the corners cut off. Yes, we're all pathetic Battlestar geeks...

It should be a good night...

12. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

You are a man (?) after my own heart! Going to such lengths to provide the right atmosphere for such a significant occasion. Now THAT's the way to enjoy a finale of this magnitude. :techman:

13. tomalak301

If I was living in Toronto, could I come? Now that's a party.

14. species5618

species5618 Commodore Commodore

heh, I'm a guy, WhaddaMarroon, and yeah, no one else among my friends had the space or inclination (or cable hookup) to stage this, so I decided to step up.

Tomalak301
    , if you can make it from California to Toronto before 9pm Eastern Time tonight, you're more than welcome to attend! Be quick about it though, seating is at a premium...;)

15. empty

empty Captain Captain

3 friends, 1 fat blunt per person (at least) and 1 hd projector loaned from uni will make the haze of this night quite unforgettable.
    Maybe I'll watch the episode beforehand though so as to not break down before them in tears ...

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Premium Member

Well, I actually got off REALLY early, so I'm watching Part 1 right now.

However, my friends are going to see "I Love You, Man," at 9pm. I'm gonna go with them because friends always rank higher than TV. So I guess I'll have to catch Part 2 online.

17. WendellM

WendellM Commodore Commodore

I'm having some ramenghetti right now while rewatching "Part 1" on Sci Fi. Then I'll record Dollhouse while watching "Parts 2 & 3" and lurking in the Live Commentary thread during commercials as usual. Then I'll watch Dollhouse and afterward record "Parts 2 & 3" (probably while rewatching). It promises to be a very good night for SF.

18. steveman

steveman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just sit back and listen to it (the final podcast) whenever it gets posted on iTunes, I suppose. I never listen to 'em in tandem with the episode. Tried it once. Just distracts me from what Moore is saying - which is really all I care about once I've seen the episode.

I've loved hearing his ramblings each week, though. I soak up everything he says like a sponge.

19. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

Damn where's my podcast. Ron said it would be done "tomorrow" as of a few days ago. To me, BSG is not over until I've listened to the podcast.