What concluded series do you miss the most?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by JD, Sep 8, 2013.

?

Which series do you miss most?

1. Stargazer

2.2%
  2. SCE/CoE

24.2%
  3. IKS Gorkon/Klingon Empire

22.0%
  4. Vanguard

29.7%
  5. New Frontier

26.4%
  6. Myriad Universes

25.3%
  7. Mirror Universe

5.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Over the last few years quite a few series have been finished, either voluntarily or canceled, so I thought it might be interesting to see which series the posters on here miss the most.
    Personally, I'd say MU, MyrU SCE and Vanguard.
    I really enjoyed NF too, but it had a good run. The last few books had been good, but they still never really reached the quality of the first 6 or 7 books.
    I really enjoyed Diplomatic Implausability, but I haven't read past that point in IKS Gorkon, so I don't feel familiar enough to say I miss it.
    I've never read Stargazer.

2. RoB

RoB Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Is it official that there will be no new New Frontier novel? The novels were fun, but the last ones haven't been that good.
    I really liked SCE, but I haven't read all books yet. So no reason to miss it.
    Vanguard was great. I finished it only recently. It's sad that it's over, but with next year's start of Seekers and the return of some of the established characters, I don't think I will miss it that much.
    The same is true for the Mirror Universe saga. The characters and stories were all pretty cool, but I think the conclusion was okay and there is no need to tell anything else.
    I didn't read Stargazer or Gorkon, so I can't say anything about these.

3. Mimi

Mimi Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I really enjoyed some of the stories from Myriad Universes. Particularly "A Gutted World". I would love to see some more of those AUs come back again.

Part of the fun of star trek, as opposed to some other franchises, is that AUs are embraced in canon. Keeping it to short stories also lets authors go wild with whatever concept they have in mind.

4. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Missing Vanguard. Looking forward to Seekers.

5. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Definatly Vanguard, but I'm also glad it's over. Not that it was bad, far from it. But it had a good, strong ending. And I like that. No continues dragging out of stories.

6. Masiral

Masiral Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't really miss Vanguard, as it didn't end all that long ago, and now The Seekers is on the horizon.

I do miss Klingon Empire, as it was nice to see things from a Klingon perspective every once in a while. And I want more of Myriad Universes, for that alternate take.

7. Cybersnark

Cybersnark Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

SCE/CoE (SCoE?) remains one of my favourite series, so I will always want to see it come back.

There's still more Klingon Empire stories to be told; we've had a glimpse of how things end up thanks to Destiny (as we did with CoE, in fact), but there's still more I'd like to see.

As much as I love NF and will miss it, I think it's pretty much concluded. Anything more would feel almost like a re-launch.

8. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Me too. That, and the Mirror Universe series. I didn't know they had been formally cancelled, I just figured that sales weren't strong enough that they had been discontinued.

9. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm gonna go out on a limb a say the original Deep Space Nine Relaunch. Still waiting to go back to continue on from the end of The Soul Key.

10. Sho

Sho Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Whoa ... I had somehow completely missed the news about The Seekers.

I ticked the box for SCE/CoE.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was pretty sure that Rise Like Lions was meant to be the end of the MU series. I guess there is a chance it could come back, but I don't find it likely.
    As for MyrU, they seem to have stopped releasing trade collections like those, so unless they start doing full length novels, which I doubt, then I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing any more MyrU either.

And while I included SCE/CoE on my list, I've actually only read the first dozen or so books. I just think it is kind of sad that the series ended just before e-readers and e-books really started to pick up in popularity.

12. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

Well, I know of at least one writer who posts here who's said he's interested in doing a Myriad Universes story because he's always had one in mind that he wants to try. I'm not sure what kind of story that is, but I'd be interested in seeing this series revived. There are so many possibilities.

--Sran

13. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Following the last movie, I'm desperate for one last installment - Myriad Universes: Khan. One of the very first stories talked about for MyrU (then known as Split Infinities) was, "What if the Botany Bay was found by the crew of the Enterprise-D?"

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think I ever heard about that. I would love to read that story.

15. Captain Clark Terrell

As would I just for the opportunity to see Khan kick Worf's ass and Data taking out the other Supermen all by himself. And any TNG novel has to have Riker putting his foot on Data's console while thrusting his pelvis at the back of his head.

--Sran

16. jpv2000

jpv2000 Captain Captain

I miss New Frontier the most, beyond any doubt. :(

NF was my favorite novel series until the Titan series and then still my solid second favorite. Sad to see it gone.

17. Captain Clark Terrell

I'd be okay with someone bringing it back. I know it's Peter David's creation, but as his contract to write the series ran out two years ago, there's no reason another writer couldn't pick the ball up and run with it. I thought all the authors who helped with the New Frontier Anthology did an excellent job. Besides, we all need more Kat Mueller in our lives.

--Sran

18. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

I don't miss Vanguard yet as I'm just on book 5 right now. Seekers is right around the corner. Hopefully I don't have a chance to miss it. I still have one more New Frontier book to go. I have tons of sce/Coe stories to read, and I still haven't finished all the MU and MyrU stories. Even saying all that, I'd still vote for KRAD's Gorkon books. I want more Klag and more trek stories in the current 24th century from the Klingon perspective. Having a typhon pact story or something from their end would be great. I'd love a "tales from the typhon pact" style anthology. one can only hope :)

..oh. And I still have a few stargazer books to go before I can miss it

19. Elias Vaughn

Elias Vaughn Captain Captain

Does The Lost Era not count?

Out of these, I'd pick New Frontier, if only because it ended on a cliffhanger.

20. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Wasn't it recently announced that David R. George III was working on a book set during the lost era?