What are the best ST games for the GameCube,X-Box, DS & Wii?

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Aquehonga, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Aquehonga

Aquehonga Fleet Captain

Which games would YOU recommend?

2. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

Star Trek Legacy is an interesting take on the games. Features all 4 of the captains voices (Kirks, Picards, Siskos and Janeways).

It's a good, easy game to play.

3. swaaye

swaaye Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Star Trek Conquest is a nifty, quite simple strategy game for a few platforms (including Wii). It's easy to get into. Kinda relaxing in a way. Has quite a few Trek species to play as too.

4. Sin87

Sin87 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I suggest Star Trek Legacy as the in the last few years there’s only been a few trek games. The games out there are Star Trek Legacy, Conquest & Encounters which are all basically meant to offer the same space strategy of the last 40 years of trek. They have different gaming experience as they're tailored for the system they were released on.

If you've got a powerful PC then I would strongly advise you to get the PC version of Legacy as thanks to game mods there are now changes to the game that allow for something as basic as a level select or ingame saves or a full mod like the Ultimate Universe Mod which adds a LOT of new ships & basic stuff that are in the game, but were never made available for unknown reasons.

As for the X-Box version I know it's still well played online & it is a great game. The only hates I have is you can't select a era or mission to play & if playing on a standard-def screen then expect to breifly see damage textures randomly appearing on your ships hull.

5. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

If you have the Playstation 2 definitely consider getting Encounters, Bethesda made two games, Encounters and later Conquest.

Conquest is more limited in what it allows the player to do and the ships available. Its more like Birth of the Federation I suppose. The player can only select one empire at a time, complete a small number of similar missions and has 6 ships to a race.

Encounters covers many eras, the player progressing through them as they complete the "episodes" of each. It also has many more ships and the missions have a good variety to them. Theres also the skirmish mode which has several options, I tend to keep playing the "onslaught" mode. :lol:

6. Major Chord

Major Chord Choir Boy Extraordinaire Captain

^ Encounters and Conquest are pretty good games, for the PS2, and you can get them at a bargain price to boot.

I know it's not one of the systems specified, but ST: Tactical Assault for the PSP is a prettyu good game. It's like a toned down and simplified version of ST: Starfleet Command, or ST: Encounters. I believe they also make a version for the DS.

7. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Conquest is simple, but a lot of fun, on the Wii.

Legacy was a great game made into a stinker when it was released totally unfinished. The narrative doesn't make sense, which is probably why the cinematics have been relegated to a bonus menu and not incorporated into the game. It also explains why Sisko is barely in the game at all. Not recommended except as a bargain buy.

8. Bounty

Bounty Commander Red Shirt

Apologies if I'm late to the party -

Yes, there's a version of the DS, and while it's simplistic it is still a whole lot of fun if you can buy it cheap. The PSP version may have better graphics, but the DS one has actual working LCARS buttons on the touchscreen, which has got to count for something. Running you finger over the screen to set a course or jabbing at the "go faster NOW" overdrive button is almost worth the price of admission alone.