Welcome new Voyager fans!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 16, 2005.

1. milan

milan Cadet Newbie

Hello, I am a Voyager fan mostly, but I love all Star Trek. I hope I can have good Trek discussions in here.

2. Qutluch

Qutluch Commander Red Shirt

There are some great threads in here. Enjoy and welcome!!

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

WELCOME EVERYONE.

I was unable to welcome everyone before because I saw someone mentioned NuBSG and I was going to great lengths to remain spoiler free so I couldn't even finish their post or read any of the follow ups. LOL. You'll be happy to know I have now finished NuBSG and nary a spoiler passed before me.

So welcome VOY lovers! VOY is wonderful, this forum is wonderful, many of the threads are wonderful!

4. Alpha Flyer

Alpha Flyer Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

New here as well. I came out of a closet as a Voyager geek about 15 months ago with the posting of my first fanfic, a post-Endgame piece in which I tried to right some of the wrongs of TPTB, including the ones responsible for the books. That kind of uncorked a desire to start chatting with other fans, so here I am ... :lol:

5. Violet.Phoenix

Violet.Phoenix Commander Red Shirt

Welcome, AF! It's good to see another fanfic writer here :)

6. teacake

Oh Welcome AF!! Start any threads you like too!! We love new people :)

7. EnabranTain

EnabranTain Cadet Newbie

*enters room* Good day to all. I wanted to properly introduce myself. I am Enabran Tain. *exits room*

8. teacake

We will try not to hold to that against you. Or against our selves.

9. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

BennyRussel on the DS9 board, EnabranTain here... I believe fictional characters are attempting a cross-dimensional takeover.

10. purplebookworm

purplebookworm Ensign Newbie

Hi everyone! I'm a new Voyager fan. TNG is my absolute favorite, but I have been watching Voyager on Netflix and really enjoying it. I'm halfway through season 3 right now. I missed most of the early seasons the first time around because I was in college and didn't always have access to a tv. I did catch more episodes of the later seasons, but this is my first time straight through all of the episodes and I am really enjoying it much more than I expected. I always thought Janeway was nuts, but she has really grown on me. I have a question about her. I hve been reading some fanfiction and several stories have mentioned that Janeway was in a shuttle accident that killed her father and first fiance. Is this mentioned in the episodes or novels or is this just an invention of the fanfic writers?

11. Violet.Phoenix

Hello and welcome :)

After Voyager, TNG is my favourite series, so you are in good company here. And I am happy to hear that Janeway has grown on you.

In regards to your question about Janeway: that is a storyline primarily mentioned in the novel Mosaic, which is essentially Janeway's biography. We do learn in an episode that her father was killed in a shuttle crash on Tau Ceti Prime, but in the novel we learn that this crash also included her first fiancé Justin Tighe.

12. purplebookworm

Thanks for the information. I'm going to look for that book at the used bookstore tomorrow. Is there a thread to discuss episodes as I watch them or should I start a thread? I watched "Worst Case Scenario" today and liked it. I am also really liking how gradually the Paris/Torres relationship is building. I remember seeing the episode in its original run where they are in space and B'Elanna tells Tom she loves him. I was so amazed that two characters on a Trek show had actually acknowledged their feelings. I was just so used to that never happening on TNG.

13. Violet.Phoenix

You're welcome :)

That novel in particular may be hard to come by at a used bookstore (depending on where you go). If you can't find one there, then I would suggest trying Amazon or the iBook store on iTunes (they even have an audio version read by Kate Mulgrew herself! :bolian:).

There have been a few other threads started by people who are watching Voyager for the first time or re-watching it. I would suggest starting your own thread.

There is much more P/T yet to come on the show, believe me ;)

14. teacake

purple, qutlunch has a thread called "my first voyage with voyager" and she is in the early seasons if you want to check it out! And feel free to start any threads you want :)

Mosaic is a great book and some consider it sorta canon since it was written by Jeri Taylor, though some small things end up contradicting it. The sequel is Pathways which tells the life story of all the VOY crew. It's not a direct sequel though, you could read that first if you come across it second hand somewhere. Both are great read and used to be easily available on Ebay.

And WELCOME to the VOY forum!!

15. purplebookworm

Thanks for the welcome! I had to go out of town today, so I listened to Mosaic on my way and part of Pathways on the way back home today and enjoyed them both. I don't know why in the world they are available on Audible as abridged additions though. I hate that and am going to get the books eventually.

16. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Greetings, this is the only Star Trek series in which I haven't seen every episode. I went off to college just after season three and didn't follow it through it's conclusion. I'm just now starting over with season one so I can work my through the whole series. My main purpose for doing this is to add perspective and backstory to the post-launch TNG, DS9, VOY book series that I enjoy. That being said, I loved Voyager and the atmosphere/setting of the ship. Everything looked so clean!

17. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I'm gonna say hello. I don't post in the trek forums that often. but recently broought the first 3 sasons and today brought the next 3. Anyways I'm almost at the end of seasno 2 reawtach. It's beem over 1o years since I've watced n tall of vouaer. Some episodes have bee good - and othes bad.

(amd yes - i am driunk - so excuse to me for te misakes - it's my birthday - and I ave a reason to celebrate)

And I am enjoying voyager. The Emh is my fav character.

18. teacake

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIM and Welcome to the VOY forum!

the EMH is always fabulous :adore:

19. Qutluch

Qutluch Commander Red Shirt

Your comment about the ship being so clean is something that I haven't considered before, but you are dead on. The ship is always clean, even the mess hall.

20. laika

laika Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I love Voyager :)