Welcome new Voyager fans!

Discussion in 'Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Shatnertage

Shatnertage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Are exodus and HoneyBLily still around? They were big contributors to my watch thread, and now that I'm back for Qutluch's thread, I notice they don't seem to be around.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Exodus is around but I think Honey is a Potterhead now :(

3. Shatnertage

Shatnertage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Didn't know the fandoms were mutually exclusive.

4. teacake

They're not, but you know fandom takes up a lot of time..

5. RCole

RCole Ensign Newbie

Seems to have diverged from the welcome thread but no matter (I enjoy thread creep and can be a practitioner!)

It's nice there's a forum for people who actually like Voyager. I saw it referred to in another thread in sentence saying "for those who can stomach that other show." :( I don't understand the negative opinions it seems to generate. It is, overall, pretty darned good.

Ok, DS9 is far and away my favorite Trek series but I like them all including Voyager.

Anyway, new here, long time Trek fan going back to the early 70s when I'd watch TOS on re-runs after school. Just attended my first Trek convention along with my wife, who's also a big Trek fan.

6. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

welcome then...

i'm happy to admit being a Voyager fan... hell, i don't think there's a Trek series out there i didn't enjoy lol

M

7. RCole

RCole Ensign Newbie

I totally agree.

Having been out of touch with other fans until my recent con attendance I was surprised when coming here to find how much some people dislike Enterprise, for example. I rank it tied for second with TNG and behind DS9 as my favorites but I frankly enjoyed ALL of them.

8. teacake

I'm always kind of taken aback when I meet fans IRL who haven't heard about how they are supposed to look down on varying elements of Trek and like those things just fine. It's refreshing. Yeah I should get out more.

9. Qutluch

Qutluch Commander Red Shirt

How are the cons? I was thinking about going to one in August...

10. LuckyCharms

LuckyCharms Ensign Newbie

Hello! Longtime lucker who finally decided to start posting. I have been a Star Trek fan since I was 12 and like all the series. I especially enjoyed Voyager and am a big J/C shipper.

11. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Admiral Admiral

Welcome to the Voyager forum. Now with.... *looks at threads*.... an exhaustive analysis of B'Elanna's nipple. Ugh.:ack:

12. CoffeeAddict

CoffeeAddict Commander Red Shirt

Welcome, LuckyCharms (love the username). I'm also a J/Cer and longtime Voyager fan.

13. The Janitor

The Janitor Ensign Red Shirt

I must admit that I've been reading through the Voyager forum for a while now, and it's my favourite of all the Trek subforums.

I missed Voyager on it's first run, I drifted for many years after TNG finished (having loved TOS since childhood and watching the reruns in the 1970's), but (and I sort of hate to say this) I rediscovered ST after the new movie, which came at just the right time for me, because I was still recovering from the botch up job that was/is the finale of nuBSG (I was a headcase for that show, I took the mess that was the finale really really hard). Since then, I have been on a mammoth ST bender, watching all episodes from TOS, TNG, DS9 and am now in the middle of season 7 of Voyager, and I have to say..I LOVE IT.

I forgive the inconsistencies, and the silly technobabble solutions, Harry Kim etc.. because when you boil VOY down to it's essence, it's just such a damn fun show and it doesn't take itself too seriously.

Just like TOS.

LOVE it.

14. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

Welcome Newbies. :)

15. heath_96

heath_96 Ensign Red Shirt

Hello all, :)

I am a student from England and I've been reading threads for a while and decided to just go for it and make an account!

I've been into Star Trek for as long as I can remember and I love all the series' and films but my favourite series has always been Voyager; I love the idea of the show and all the characters (Especially Tom, B'Elanna and Seven) I read quite a lot of fanfiction, especially J/C and P/T :)

I'm the only person in my friendship group at school who likes Trek, so I'm hoping that this will be a great way for me to release all the built up Trekness that I accumulate throughout my boring Science and Mathematics lessons :)

That's about all I can say!
    Heather :) <3

16. Violet.Phoenix

Violet.Phoenix Commander Red Shirt

Welcome, Heather :)

I can speak from experience about their being a lack of persons in RL to discuss Trek with, but that's the beauty of these forums. I can assure you that there are always some interesting and...unique discussions going on.

Glad to have another J/C fan on board :bolian:

Vi

17. TexasTrekkie

TexasTrekkie Ensign Newbie

Long time trekkie fan...particularly Voyager. I was on trek BBS years ago (about 10 years ago I think :eek:) and decided star trek is still awesome so I'd better come back! I'm a P/T fan, and also love DS9 and TNG.

18. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Admiral Admiral

Welcome to the Voyager forum! Picard gets assimilated by the Borg and is scarred for life. Janeway and her entire senior staff get assimilated, and are 100% over it by the next episode :cool:

19. ILOVETREK1701

ILOVETREK1701 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yay voyager happy to be here!

20. teacake

Picard was assimilated for longer, wooed by the Queen and forced to fire upon and murder his own people. In contrast Janeway just had a little field trip.