Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Alidar Jarok, Jan 21, 2010.

?

How excited are you that I'm here?

1. W00t!! Let's get this party started!

393 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. I'm ok with it, I'll live.

116 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Meh.

27 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. BOO!! GO AWAY!!!

13 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. Leila Kalomi

Leila Kalomi Ensign Red Shirt

Thank you!!! I read that novel, did you? I love the episode "This Side of Paradise" more after reading it. It's so tragic for Spock but so beautiful. She's my favorite woman for Spock because she actually had a past with him and they didn't just meet that day. Also, the only time he said he was happy was with her :)

Kilana2 likes this.
  2. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, I did read it. And liked it. One of the better TOS novels.

3. Leila Kalomi

Leila Kalomi Ensign Red Shirt

It's so nice that someone else likes it! All the reviews I read are mediocre to bad. I actually reviewed it myself on Goodreads.

4. DeepSpaceYorks

DeepSpaceYorks Commander Red Shirt

I have been a Star Trek fan from before I can remember. I had two posters from ST:TMP on my bedroom wall from when I was 4 in 1981 (one of Decker & Ilia and one of the Enterprise). No idea really where they came from I just knew I loved looking at them (still have them somewhere). I doubt I'd ever even seen a single frame by that point. Since then I've consumed all the TV series (fav TOS & DS9, least fav Voy) and films. I'm actually looking to explore the novels some more.

5. fryguy81

fryguy81 Cadet Newbie

nuqneH.

Very happy to be here. I've been a fan of Trek since I was five (back in 1986). Started with TOS. I grew up watching TNG. I abandoned DS9 (much to my lasting regret) due to being distraught over TNG ending. I've been in and out ever since. I watched the last two seasons of Voyager and left Enterprise when they did the first Borg episode.

But I've missed Trek and the fellow Trekkies. So again, happy to be aboard the board.

6. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Welcome fellow trekkies.

7. angry apple panda

angry apple panda Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi there!

I've already crapped all over this forum already and embarrassed myself before actually properly introducing myself, so I should probably do that now. Thirty year old fangirl here. Been watching Star Trek since early TNG when I was a little tyke too young to understand the odd racial implications of "Code of Honor" ("Ooh, I like this one, this is the one with the cool cactus hands that they fight with!")

I am what could be somewhat inaccurately described as a "Hopeless Trekkie." I love pretty much every incarnation of the show, warts and all. I find the good episodes the best examples of science fiction television on the planet, and I find the worst episodes either incredibly silly, absurd, or at least nostalgically charming in a, "Well, it's still Star Trek--so how bad could it be?" The answer is pretty bad, but ya know, I just pour myself a glass of wine and bring out the popcorn, and enjoy it for what it's worth.

Still have never gone to a Star Trek convention, but I'm planning on rectifying that.

Nice to meet y'all. :beer:

8. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Oh, that was you? [Hands @angry apple panda paper towels and Pine-Sol.]

angry apple panda likes this.
  9. angry apple panda

angry apple panda Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

There's nothing Pine-Sol can't do!

10. StarLore

StarLore Lieutenant Red Shirt

I have dabbled in Trek before(particularly TOS), but I am only now beginning to truly appreciate it.
    I've rewatched TOS and am now on Season 4 of TNG. Netflix has a great selection of Trek, so I think I'm settled for quite a while.
    I also love reading, so I want to get into some Star Trek novels.
    Anyway, what can I say that hasn't been said already? Star Trek has captivated me like so many others, and I love it.

11. Tark

Tark Cadet Newbie

Wanted to drop in and introduce myself. I'm one of the lucky ones that actually watched TOS when it was first released (if you can figure out my age from that... please don't ;) ). I have enjoyed Trek pretty much my whole life. I've been lucky enough to see every Trek movie on opening day, and have seen every episode of all the irritations of all the different shows.

I am also lucky enough to have played in, and run, several Trek-based online role playing games, and enjoy playing in Star Trek Online.

Looking forward to hanging out around here!

12. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Welcome newbs. Emergency exits are located at the top of every thread.

Starlocke likes this.
  13. Jay Dee

Jay Dee Ensign Newbie

Hello everyone!

I'm a long time Star Trek fan, been watching regularly since The Next Generation started on TV, though I watched TOS back in the early 80s, too. I'm from Canada, but I lived in Japan for 11 years, where Star Trek is not popular, and as a result, I had a lot of withdrawal symptoms. Now that all episodes are on Netflix, I'm going through them all in order of air date, reviewing them on my blog, as well as my YouTube channel (700+ videos to do!). What have I gotten myself into?

Been to a few conventions, met and spoke to Michael Dorn, Marina Sirtis, and James Doohan. It was a pleasure to meet Scotty.

What else? I have a degree in astronomy and enjoy writing science fiction. And I'm hoping to get my daughter interested in Star Trek when she's old enough to pay attention to it.

So, nice to meet you!

14. Starlocke

Starlocke Ensign Newbie

Hello everyone,

Fresh to the forums and new-ish to Star Trek. I say that because I watched it when I was a kid, one of the few things me and my older sister shared. I've only watched some of the original series and Next Generation, but just recently decided to watch through the whole series, a daunting task, but I'm up for it.

I got a lot to learn and some difficult questions a hardcore fan friend of mine wasn't sure how to answer, but I think I'm in the right place. Looking forward to my experience here :)

15. retroenzo

retroenzo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ah THIS is the "welcome" thread, and not the other one I posted in. Anyway, apologies for double-posting but....

Hi everyone. Thought I'd say hi as I'm a new member of what looks like a very popular Trek forum.
    Been a Trek fan for years, since (believe it or not) my gran introduced me to it when I was in school, a good 30 something years ago. I got hooked on Next Generation when they started releasing it on video over here in the UK and loved everything since. Yes, I love the new movies too - don't hate me.
    The only things I struggle with are the animated series and a lot of the fan films (apologies to all those that make them as I appreciate the work that goes into them but they're not all for me).
    Looking forward to the new Star Trek Discovery series coming out next year though. It feels like a good time to be a Star Trek fan again for the first time since the 90s.

16. Thefallguy

Thefallguy Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello everyone,

thought as I signed up, after reading along for a few days, that I should say hello. I got a 1979 construction date on my license plate and so TNG was my first trek love, although my first trek memories are watching TOS AND TNG with my grandpa on german television (and always confusing the two, as I was still a bit young). As the news bits about the new show come dropping in now, I get quite a bit hyped up about it.

My Trek show charts:
    1. DS9
    2. TNG
    3. TOS
    4. ENT
    5. VOY
    Never seen: TAS

My Trek movie charts:
    1. First contact
    2. The undiscovered country
    3. The wrath of khan
    4. The voyage home
    5. Beyond
    6. Star Trek
    7. The search for spock
    8. Generations
    9. Insurrection
    10. Into darkness
    11. The motion picture
    12. The final frontier
    13. Nemesis

Looking forward to a lot of interesting Star Trek discussions. LLAP.

17. bajorangirl

bajorangirl Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hello everyone!!!!

I did not see this post before I posted my original "hello" onto another page.

I have been a fan of TNG and TOS for years but it is only recently I delved into DS9 and VOY. DS9 is my favourite series, I like how we go deeper into the characters backgrounds and relationships with each other. I would love to be able to take a walk on the promenade and have a drink in Quarks. I've joined this forum as none of my friends or family like Star Trek so I don't have anyone to discuss and talk about it with. I'm glad that I now have you lot to talk to :hugegrin:

RedAlert and DeepSpaceYorks like this.
  18. One of Two

One of Two Ensign Newbie

19. One of Two

One of Two Ensign Newbie

Hello!
    Always loved Star Trek. My interest began while watching TNG with my Dad. For a while I crossed into The Star Wars Universe and disappeared from the Trek scene. The reboots have sucked me back in and I have since rewatched every Trek episode on Netflix! I love cosplay, and will soon be doing a Borg costume a la Seven of Nine.

First post. Boom!
    One of Two, out.

RedAlert likes this.
  20. tssurfer

tssurfer Ensign Red Shirt

1bdrm for rent on ds9 all amenities/utilities (food rep included) 5 bars first/last
    For just 5 bars of latinum a month enjoy living with all the luxuries of earth... on the frontier! This unit is a beautiful 1 bedroom facing the worm hole. This unit is large in size (star fleet specs) and all furniture is new, replicated right here on the stn. Unlimited use of the food rep is included in the cost. in walking distance to the promenade for all your shopping needs. school at front door. enjoy spectacular views of the worm hole. contact for more info...pics are of actual quarters. thanks.
    http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...ision/latest?cb=20081026060113&path-prefix=en
    http://ds9.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/7x17/penumbra_167.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2016