Warner Home Video must die!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Borgified Corpse, Dec 5, 2009.

1. StarshipDefiant

StarshipDefiant Captain Captain

I'm curious as to why the director's cut was made with such a limited and exclusive run. As for the scenes in question, that they cut out? I have to wonder what the big deal was.

2. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

well, that's a dumb policy. I love extras, but can't afford an upgrade to blu ray anytime soon (although I would love too.)

Anyway, Glad the recent Watchmen ultimate cut was released intact.

3. The Grinch Doctor

The Grinch Doctor Two Hearts Too Small Premium Member

Yes, yes, you're absolutely right, especially since I probably won't ever pick up the movie anyways. I just like to complain. :p

4. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wait... people want an extended Terminator: Salvation?

As in... they want to have that abomination go on LONGER?

You people are nuts.

5. The Castellan

The Castellan Commodore Commodore

Same here.

6. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Commodore

I love the extra's, I justrecently baught a PS3 and my first blue ray's were Star Trek and BSG: The Plan. I purposely buy movies that have more than one disk.I was disapointed with POTC: Dead Mans Chest extra's or lack there of. Blue Ray is totally cool, but I only plan on spending money on blue ray's that have a lot of effects. I'm not going to get everything blue ray, unless it's the same price as dvd. One disk movies are just not worth it to me, and are boring.

7. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

I've rented DVDs just for the features. It ticks me off when they skimp on the features.

8. Ríu ríu chíu

Ríu ríu chíu Fleet Admiral Admiral

Mr. Laser Beam is in the visitor's bullpen
    Could be worse. The Blu-Ray version of Live Free Or Die Hard is only the theatrical cut (with Bruce's swearing deleted). If you want the extended cut, complete with yippi ki yay motherfucker, you have to get the standard DVD.

9. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

^^
    I'm sure they'll double-dip on that one eventually. Which is why I'm only buying a small selection of Blu-Rays at the moment. Many are inferior to previous DVD releases, or have been released with unacceptable HD transfers. No need to waste my money in either case.

10. StarshipDefiant

I'm hard of hearing, so I always find it annoying when there's no English Subtitles/Captions on the DVD, but there's several different foreign languages on them.

11. Ríu ríu chíu

Ríu ríu chíu Fleet Admiral Admiral

Mr. Laser Beam is in the visitor's bullpen
    The only Blu-Rays I will refuse to buy are the upcoming LOTR releases, which will be the theatrical cuts only. :( Apparently Peter Jackson's holding all the extended cuts until The Hobbit makes it to BR. So until then I'll stick with the standard versions. There's just too much new material on the LOTR extended cuts to give that all up for Blu-Ray (unlike the Trek films, which don't have a whole lot in the extended cuts).

12. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

QFT. That is ridiculous.

13. StarshipDefiant

I'm sorry? What does QFT mean, I don't think I've ever encountered that before,

14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

quite frickin' true ;)

15. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Actually, it usually means "quoted for truth." Though, your version does pop up occasionally.

16. StarshipDefiant

Ah, right. Well, thanks, now I feel like I should have actually known that...URG. In any case, I love DVDs and the like as much as the next person, but damn it I get annoyed at new versions and releases. For instance, theres some season sets I see, I don't know how wide spread it is, where the cases look as if it's a single discs, but theres several of them inside. I want to get those, because they take up less room, and some I already have but in bigger cases ><

17. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Actually here's something to irritate you even more: the total time of the film that has been cut is confirmed as being over 45 minutes. Included in the filmed cuts were:

- The entire Hybrid subplot (Skynet is really a collection of human/machine hybrids similar to Marcus).

- John Connor confronts the Resistance about the T-800s and Ashdown taunting him about Kyle Reese. (part of his is restored on the Director's Cut and has the scenes of Ashdown holding the gun to Connor's head telling him he could pull the trigger and change history and there was nothing that could be done about it).

- An expanded Connor Vs. The Terminator (cut due to CGI concerns).

- Marcus' death (done so that they could bring Sam Worthington back in a future film).

- Kyle getting the Sarah Connor Photo.

18. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Commodore

^
    That's a lot of good stuff.

19. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Admiral Admiral

I thought I remembered some photo with Helena Bonham Carter as a hybrid.

20. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

^^
    That would explain why she had such an incidental role in the theatrical version.