Voyager Face-Off: Tuvok vs. Tom

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Tachyon, Feb 19, 2009.

?

In my opinion, better character is...

1. Tom

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  2. Tuvok

27 vote(s)
    65.9%
  1. kent

kent Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Tuvok's character was more developed, but I've always had a thing for Tom so he get's my vote LOL.

2. Voyager

Voyager Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

hmmm...tom...or tuvok...well the logic would indicate that if it came to a battle of wits tuvok would gain the advantage, however if it was a case of power tom would have the better chance...

3. BigTremor

BigTremor Ensign Newbie

Tuvok!

Tom Paris is too shallow, he's a rebel flyboy but underneath there's nothing else interesting about him

4. neogothboy74

neogothboy74 Commander Red Shirt

I picked Tom.

But this was a tough call. I kind of think Tuvok is the more enjoyable character for me, but only when he's really allowed to shine, and that's not very often. When Tuvok takes center stage Tom can't match him, even if Tom is in a central character roll, but when they're both kind of not central, which was more often than not, Tom came off as more enjoyable. That's why I picked him.

5. belle paris

belle paris Lieutenant Red Shirt

Tom all the way. Even my husband accepts that he's a Tom Paris substitute (or is it the other way around...)

6. crohnie

crohnie Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

If this were actor vs actor then no offense to RDM but Tim Russ would win hands down.
    I love Tuvok's character and I appreciate the skill that Tim Russ had for Tuvok.

But I enjoy Tom's character more so He gets my vote.

7. KimMH

KimMH Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol:

This is a more difficult choice than I orig thought - although Tuvok seems a most logical choice Tom has grown on me after some of the rewatchings. The problem/allure of an ensemble show is that not enough people get to shine often enough! I enjoyed his 'ship with B"Elana and how stubborn he was about building it even though she often pushed him away. I felt like of all people he knew what that was about and he wasn't going to be fooled. I admired Tuvok and agree he was more vulcany (:rommie:) than other Vulcans we've seen.

It almost comes down to this for me, I'd love to be pals with Tom but I might be less worried about taking commands from Tuvok.

8. Captain Gandalf

Captain Gandalf Commodore Commodore

I voted for Tom because I like his sense of humor.
    Not so much his taste in holodeck programs, but that's not important here.

9. NXOner

NXOner Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Tuvok, I preferred his version of a Vulcan to T'pol, and I think he did well to stand out in an overcrowded cast.

10. Mr.bobo

Mr.bobo Lieutenant Red Shirt

...my vote go's for Tuvok...:vulcan:
    ...I love Vulcans...
    ...and I dont like caracter of Tom Paris...
    ...simple