VOY: Protectors by Kirsten Beyer Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Sho, Jan 19, 2014.

?

Rate Protectors.

1. Outstanding

36 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Above Average

46 vote(s)
    51.1%
  3. Average

8 vote(s)
    8.9%
  4. Below Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I finished up the book last night.
    My review:
    This is another great entry in Kirsten Beyer's ongoing Voyager Relaunch. The book follows three major storylines, all of which are absolutely outstanding.
    In the Voyager storyline they find themselves on one of the more fascinating planets I've come across in a while. This storyline gives the crews of both Voyager and Demeter a chance to shine. I liked the Demeter crew in the previous books, so I was glad to see them get so much focus here.
    The storyline focused on Janeway really gave the character a chance to shine.
    The Doctor's storyline was also good and brought about some interesting new developments in the Caeliar storyline.
    The new Delta Quadrant political situation introduced at the end is definitely an interesting development that I can't wait to see followed up on in the next book.
    The author has already said this and next couple books form a bit of a trilogy, and I can't wait to where they take thing next.
    Definitely an outstanding from me.

2. Kirsten Beyer

Kirsten Beyer Writer Red Shirt

Thanks, JD. Glad you enjoyed it.

Best,
    Kirsten

3. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Kirsten, was it your intent in writing the current Voyager novels that Voyager's physical structure was significantly altered in its refit as Cross Cult or Mark Rademaker envision?

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm very happy that I finished Protectors before Acts of Contrition came out, it is the first Trek series I've been able to get up to date on.

5. Mizrach

Mizrach Lieutenant Red Shirt

Solid and transitional book, a notable improvement over the last not so good book in the series. I'm really looking forward for this series, is the best of all TrekLit that I read until now, after Destiny. Beyer touch with characters is on par with international authors, contrary to the plot driven, normal trek book.