VAN: Declassified Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Defcon, Jun 16, 2011.

?

Rank Vanguard: Declassified

1. Outstanding

37.1%
  2. Above Average

53.2%
  3. Average

4.8%
  4. Below Average

3.2%
  5. Poor

1.6%
  1. David Mack

David Mack Writer Commodore

Re: Vanguard: Declassified Review Thread

^ Thanks for the review! I'm especially pleased to see how much you enjoyed "The Stars Look Down." :)

2. JD

JD Admiral Admiral

Just finsished reading the last story early this morning. I really enjoyed all of the stories in this one, but the last one was my favorite. I voted outstanding.

3. terpette

terpette Commander Red Shirt

I've read all but the last story (yeah, I *know* I bought it at Shore Leave, but... I've been busy!) and have really enjoyed it. In fact, I wish Marco's story had been a bit longer... I felt the bits taking place on the colony were rushed and could have easily been further developed.

Overall, I've loved the Vanguard series. It's the book series I recommend to my Trek friends who are skeptical about the book series. They're afraid of too many shallow stories full of technobabble, and I'm happy to point them towards something that is exceedingly character driven and messy. :)

Karen

4. David Mack

David Mack Writer Commodore

^ Well, it's good the finale is coming out so soon, then. By the time you finish reading "The Stars Look Down," you'll be able to roll right into What Judgments Come, and by the time you finish that, Storming Heaven should be out.

Enjoy! :)

5. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

The "Vanguard" books are awesome! I have devoured each one in less than a week. This is the best series in Trek literature right now. Maybe of all time. Looking forward to "Storming Heaven" on March 27th:bolian: I'm sure I won't be dissapointed. Too bad it is the last installment. What's next Mr. Mack?

6. Sho

Sho Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mr. Mack's got a TNG trilogy coming toward the end of this year, to coincide with the 25th anniversary of that show.

I've finally finished Harbinger the other day; letting it simmer in my head a bit now before opening a review thread with a poll ...

7. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

Cool, thanks Sho! I actually just read this same info in another thread:bolian: