Unused movie anatagonists

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Disco, Aug 19, 2014.

?

Unused Antagonist for Movie?

1. Lore

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Q

18 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Section 31

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. Romulans

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  5. Mirror Universe Empire

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  6. Pakleds

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  7. Other

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. Disco

Disco Commodore Commodore

Favourite antagonist from tv series that you would have liked to see in a movie.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  2. Tosk

Tosk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

None of them. :)

3. Disco

What about anyone I've missed?

4. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Commodore Commodore

I think Q deserved to be in film. I'm not sure it would be the type of Star Trek film Paramount would want, but it would be interesting.

5. Disco

Agreed. I think it was a missed opportunity.

6. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Vice Admiral Premium Member

Ferengi & Cardassians would've been "other" major races.

Whether they'd be good in a movie is something else entirely.

7. Disco

I excluded them because at the end of DS9 (or even when the TNG films were set) neither was an antagonist and neither a major player in the quadrant.

8. Melakon

Melakon Admiral Admiral

A big NO on Section 31. They were exclusive to DS9 originally, until for some reason they suddenly existed 200 years earlier in ENT, implying the organization intrudes into Roddenberry's original concept for TOS and TNG as well. No, no, no! That's like saying the CIA existed when George Washington was president.

And no on any of the other choices too.

9. Franklin

Franklin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And how do you know it didn't? :shifty:

Q had a great send-off in "All Good Things". That was enough.

As far as the others mentioned goes, no thanks.

10. EnriqueH

EnriqueH Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm not familiar with Section 31 or Pakleds.

As for Lore, that might've been more interesting than B4, but I'm not totally sold on the idea unless he's a supplemental villain or supplemented by a cool bad guy, (like a Boba I don't think Lore is enough to carry a film.

Q was great for the show, but I'm not sure he'd translate to a feature film all that well.

Romulans could've been cool. I remember being disappointed that Star Trek Generations had Klingons as bad guys (granted they were rebels) after the Federation and the Klingons made peace in the previous film. I would've liked for the Romulans to have been more of the bad guys in Generations. I remember when Worf discovered the dead Romulans aboard the space station and remember thinking, "Oh, cool, the Romulans are going to be involved." But nope. We got the Klingons again.

Mirror Universe might be cool.

11. urbandefault

urbandefault Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wasn't S31 in STID?

12. Franklin

Yep, of course. Big time. Give the choices in the poll, I think the OP is referring to the TNG-era version, though.

13. EnriqueH

EnriqueH Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Now that I think about it, none of the TNG era villains were worth a damn except for Soran, who I thought was an interesting character. I never liked the idea of a Borg Queen and always felt it was a bit of cop-out. The movie was awesome, don't get me wrong, but I dislike the idea of the Borg Queen.

I haven't seen Insurrection since 1998, but I remember thinking F. Murray Abraham was wasted in the role. I love Tom Hardy, but the movie didn't make me believe he was a Picard clone, so I never thought he was particularly effective.

Nero wasn't very good either, but Benedict Cumberbatch was fantastic!

14. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Captain Captain

Well, ideally "All Good Things" should have been the first TNG feature film. They could have closed out the series another way.

And if they still wanted to integrate the TOS cast in the film, the bigger-in-the-past temporal rift could have affected some pivotal moment in Kirk's era.

15. Franklin

It would've taken some significant rewriting to turn it into a major motion picture, but it could've been possible. Kirk (and even Chekov and Scotty) could've been worked in easily with the time changing. As it was on TV, AGT is by far my favorite TNG episode. I can't put my finger on it, but something about it felt different than so many TNG episodes felt. For the first real time, the characters did seem as close and bonded as they had become in the TOS movies.

16. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Given how popular Q is, I'm still amazed they didn't work him into the TNG movies.

17. Melakon

Melakon Admiral Admiral

I was watching "All Good Things..." again, and still think it's the best finale of all. A perfect sign off for Q, too. He wants to tell Picard more, but pulls back just when he gets near enough to whisper, in such a smooth motion. It's almost a kiss. The god with his pet, man.

18. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Vice Admiral Premium Member

Wasn't the novel Federation in the vein of AGT, but with both eras not really interacting?

19. Armored Saint

Armored Saint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I couldn't resist to vote for our dear Pakleds, but my real choice are the Romulans since they aren't even the antagonist in Nemesis, despite Shinzon is their Praetor.

20. Doug Otte

Doug Otte Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Harcourt Fenton Mudd. Actually, because the films "must" be big, bombastic, and violent, he might not be a good choice.