"Two Days and Two Nights" and the Tandarans

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by t_smitts, Jul 22, 2016.

1. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just rewatched this episode today and while it was a bit of an uneven episode, the storyline of Archer and that woman was the most intruiging.

For one, I liked that they gave him an age-appropriate love interest, but beyond that, I'm surprised that nothing was ever followed up on this. We never saw her or any other Tandarans again. We never found out for sure if she was working for Grot or someone else. We never found out if her story about her family being killed by the Suliban Cabal was true or not.

Just the idea of the Tandarans and the fact that the enemy of our enemy was definitely not our friend was interesting.

Seems like a shame this thread was dropped. What do you think?

2. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

I don't think they knew where they were going with this. It seemed to me like they were putting out threads to potentially be picked up on in Season 2.

It was the most intriguing part of the episode, too bad they never did anything with it.

3. Jedi Marso

Jedi Marso Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I always thought the Tandarans would have made great 21st Century antagonists for the show, along with the Romulans. The Klingons should have remained a 23rd Century opponent, un-encountered and unknown until circa 2200.

4. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There was no way they would ever do an entire series completely devoid of Klingons. I actually think the show handled them pretty well.

5. Jedi Marso

Jedi Marso Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You're right, but I've always felt it was just one more way Enterprise failed to live up to its own premise right out of the gate.