TTN: Fallen Gods by Michael A. Martin Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Sho, Jul 21, 2012.

?

Rate Fallen Gods.

1. Outstanding

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  2. Above Average

15 vote(s)
    16.5%
  3. Average

40 vote(s)
    44.0%
  4. Below Average

23 vote(s)
    25.3%
  5. Poor

11 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Isn't that the same picture of ch'Thane from the DS9 Gateway's entry here in the US? (I think it is!)

2. BritishSeaPower

BritishSeaPower Captain Captain

Absolutely terrible. I honestly can't fathom why Christine Vale and Ranul Keru are still around. They consistently run contrary to the Captain, usually end up being wrong about the situation and have almost no characterization. ("I was a police woman on Izar!" "I hate the Borg!") Really, this isn't the Vale of the earlier novels. I wish they'd dump both of them and promote Tuvok to XO/Tactical officer. For a series ostensibly about the alienness of the crew, we focus too much on Human and Human-stand in characters.

But this plot was just terrible. I'm shock it garnered so many average ratings.

3. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I felt like Destiny, Torrent Sea, and Synthesis had done great character work with a lot of those people, but then Martin showed up and pretended like none of it happened. Infuriating.

4. Argrathi

Argrathi Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I hadn't seen the German cover before (looks great!), but is the Andorian warship supposed to be the same class as the ones from ENT with updated tech? Or are they recently built with modern tech, but made to look like and honor their predecessors?

5. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's the modern Shran class with a design honoring the legacy of the Kumari class. Most likely because of that the designers simply reused the Kumari class design.

6. Argrathi

Argrathi Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Oh ok, yeah that makes sense. That's cool with me because i loved the Kumari design :)