Tron franchise - possible TV show

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by jefferiestubes8, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Emperor's Prize

Emperor's Prize Vice Admiral Admiral

Jun 3, 2009
    A wretched hive of scum and villainy.
    That intro was pure 80s gold!
  2. Kaijufan

Kaijufan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oct 27, 2004
    Amana, Iowa
    I enjoyed the first Tron and am looking forward to the second, but I agree with you 100%.

Outside of the nerd demographic (and possibly the people who love 80s movies demographic) I don't see it appealing to anyone and being a pretty big flop at the box office.

I'm surprised Disney was even willing to greenlight a sequel that cost so much money, much less have all this talk of a trilogy and TV shows.
  3. Chick_McGeester

Chick_McGeester Lieutenant

Oct 8, 2010
    Am I the only one who thinks that looked great? I mean it was 80's all the way but the car changing to a helicopter. Pretty good for the time.
  4. Chris_Johnston

Chris_Johnston Captain Captain

Jul 3, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    A lot of people thought AVATAR would flop hard.
    The public has had almost 30 years to appreciate the original, so I think it'll at least make quite a bit more at the box office this time around.
    This is gonna be a feast for the senses, and people are drawn to that, even the ones who never heard of the original (which is doing pretty well on Amazon)
  5. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

Jan 29, 2004
    ANS Yamato, Sector 5, Sol System
    I haven't-I used to watch this show all of the time, and although now I know it's meh, at the time it was great for my 15-year old self to see something like Tron on TV. I can't believe people like this guy named CaptainBuckRogers on YouTube who love it and want it to be on DVD and Blu-Ray DVD and who also think it's better than anything on TV now::wtf::rofl: