Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Maurice, Mar 12, 2013.

1. locutus101

locutus101 Vice Admiral Rear Admiral

The question is: How much of it really happened and how much has been made up for the show?

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

The show's version was pretty heavily fictionalized. There was an end-of-the-world panic, but for totally different reasons than the episode showed. But this conversation should really be in the MeTV Saturday thread.

3. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've always wondered about that! Why did the people panic when the comet has been coming and going for the best part of a thousand years without any collisions before?
    JB

4. johnnybear

Well after that I would say it was the usual scaremongering and people listening and doing what their told like sheep scenario once again! Still doesn't explain the other eight or nine times it passed the earth without any trouble though! Then again people would blame the light in the sky for every bit of trouble in their lives wouldn't they!
    JB

5. Christopher

Johnnybear, as I already mentioned, the place to discuss The Time Tunnel is in the MeTV thread. This thread is for talking about Trek actors. And if you want to learn about the history of Halley's Comet in general, I suggest you visit your local library and find some books about it.

6. johnnybear

Yes sir, Admiral! Have I your leave to go now, sir? :p
    JB

7. locutus101

Yesterday I went to visit my mother and she likes to watch reruns of Murder She Wrote and guess who I saw in that show? Jerry Ryan! She didn't have a single Borg implant though.

8. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Don't know if I mentioned this one upthread and am too lazy to wade through 78 pages, but an episode of the short-lived live action Spiderman series had William Smithers and Andrew Robinson. (Merrick and Garak!)

9. FormerLurker

FormerLurker Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The police detective, Captain Barbera, on the live action Spider-Man was played by Michael Pataki.

JonnyQuest037 likes this.
  10. locutus101

Captain Morgan Bateson on Cause and Effect, played Frasier on Cheers, he even had the same beard.

11. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Okay, so....

This thread was started three and a half years ago, and has obviously branched way out from just TOS Guest actors.

The OP hasn't posted here in 2 months (anyone know where Maurice is?).

Should we move this to GTD and keep it going? Close it?

What say you all...?

12. locutus101

I'd say keep it going.

13. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd say it has stayed remarkably on-topic for its length, with only a few diversions. Its longevity seems a good indication that it's valued, I say let it keep going.

JonnyQuest037 and EnsignHarper like this.
  14. HGN2001

HGN2001 Captain Captain

Keep it going. There are all sorts of shows surfacing on classic-TV channels that no-one has seen in ages - and they're ripe for spotting Trek guest stars.

15. FormerLurker

FormerLurker Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If it must go to GTD to keep going, then move it. There's too much information that new members would find important or fascinating to let it fade away.

16. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Saw Stanley Adams (Cyrano Jones) in an episode of The Addams Family the other day as a Russian diplomat visiting the Addams' thinking they were a "typical American family".

17. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Agreed.

Let's move it to GTD and include Trek actors of all shows.

Hold on....

CorporalCaptain likes this.
  18. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, for me the thread's charm was that it was about TOS actors, mostly of bygone generations. What was wrong with that?

19. HGN2001

HGN2001 Captain Captain

Agreed.

J.T.B. likes this.
  20. Christopher

Yeah. There were occasional digressions to mention TNG or DS9 actors, generally in older shows where they appeared alongside TOS actors, but the overall thread focus remained mostly on TOS actors ever since the thread started three and a half years ago. So I don't understand the abrupt decision to move it just because of a few mentions of modern-Trek actors over the span of less than one day.

J.T.B. likes this.