Things found in your kitchen.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by trekkiedane, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

Or the pharmacist's head. ;)

2. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

lol! :lol: they know us by first name. they've been wonderful allies on our ongoing war with our insurance carrier.

3. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

Ah, in that case we'll leave the poor pharmacist out of it. ;)

4. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have one of those wine bottle foil-cutters. It was a freebie with something or other, not sure what. Completely useless; I always use the tip of the corkscrew to prise/peel off the top of the foil before taking the cork out.

Apart from that, I don't think there's much pointless gadgetry in my kitchen, apart from the usual blender that's never used sitting in a cupboard. Sometimes I think people shouldn't bother taking those with them when they move; if everyone did the same, they'd just find one ready & waiting to be ignored when they move into their new place...

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I had no idea such a thing existed. I have a corkscrew with a small knife in it, but I didn't know they sold foil-cutters as a separate tool.

6. Holdfast

It's a really stupid device that doesn't work properly. I would never pay for something like it; it was a corporate freebie of some sort. I actually want to say a drug rep gave it to me after a presentation they did on an anti-alcoholism drug, but that's probably just my memory confabulating a better origin story for it... :lol:

It's sort of like this one I just googled up: http://www.chinadong.com/upload/2009/05/uploads/1054198_Foil-Cutter.jpg

7. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

I have no idea how they got to have such a thing... my parents used to have this monster of a cork-screw -it came with a foil cutter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While the thing(s) now rest somewhere in my kitchen I prefer using the good old-fashioned waiter's cork-screw, that has the little knife for cutting foil:

[​IMG]

ETA: Just found mine... it seems to be parked in the cork of a bottle of LBV Port from 2006 :lol:

8. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Excellent idea. ;) I had one when I was married. Might've used it twice? Left it behind when I left my husband. Eventually bought another one (God knows why, and actually he's probably not sure either). Didn't use it at all. Gave it away after a couple years.

Hmm... Just to clarify, I eventually bought another blender, not another husband. :devil:

9. Holdfast

I blame it on the commercials where you're shown all these healthy, quick & tasty things you can make. But somehow you never have the desire, or never have the enough of the raw ingredients handy even if you do think of using it.

Just as long as the first husband wasn't disposed of using the blender...

10. Tora Ziyal

Yeah, those healthy, quick & tasty things sound good, but they don't satisfy cravings, as least not mine. Ice cream is my drug of choice. There is no substitute.

11. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]
    This can be found in my kitchen

12. Holdfast

Nigella Lawson made an awesome-looking, very easy, home-made coffee ice cream in her new series yesterday: http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/ONE-STEP-NO-CHURN-COFFEE-ICE-CREAM-5550

Talking of things I'd like to have in my kitchen, Nigella probably comes fairly near the top of the list. :devil:

13. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

I don't know who she is, but she looks just like Jamie Murray. I approve. :techman:

If I didn't make smoothies, I probably wouldn't have need for a blender either since I make margaritas by hand.

14. Tora Ziyal

Such basic kitchen equipment that even I have two. But yours is a particularly attractive model.

Ooh, that does look good.

15. Holdfast

I never noticed that before, but I reckon you're right. Curvier, mind, in a tasty way. ;)

Yes, she does.

Wait, that's not what you wrote, was it... :o

16. T'Preea

T'Preea Commander Red Shirt

I've got crap I don't use, like a rice cooker. I don't even like rice.