There must be a second Earth...

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by m01ety, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Saul

Saul Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In Kara's recon photos of Earth you can see the Moon.

2. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

Well... another reason I don't think that was Earth... look at Kara's recon photo... looks like two moons, to me...

[​IMG]

The Earth we saw in the episode was a lot bluer that the planet here... it looks more like a second moon.

3. Saul

Saul Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But she does mention the blue skies and I think those recon Photo's are colourless.

4. Noname Given

Noname Given Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep, and after the 'Death of Starbuck' RDM also said, yep, the character's gone...not coming back, etc. Sorry, just because RDM states something, doesn't mean it didn't in fact change in the interim.

5. BolianAuthor

Also, consider this...

When Roslin was looking up at the sky, in the Temple of Athena, and calling out the zodiac names by the "Earth" names... how in the world would the people from Kobol KNOW what the constellations looked like from Earth, if they had not been there before, and THEN gone back to kobol?

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, maybe Earth could have been the real homeworld all along. At least that might have been the intent of the writers at that time - i.e. humans originate on Earth (like they did IRL), they set out to colonize Kobol, etc.

This will probably not be possible now that "Sometimes..." has aired, though.

7. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You DO realize that RDM said that Starbuck was dead during the podcast for 'Maelstrom' in order to preserve the surprise of the character's return in 'Crossroads, P2', right? In other words, he was being deliberately untruthful. Doubting what he says because of an instance where he was being purposefully deceitful makes no sense whatsoever. Plus, it's a moot point anyway because he has absolutely no reason not to be truthful about the nature of the planet that the Colonials and the Cylons find in 'Revelations'/'Sometimes A Great Notion', so if he says it's Earth, then it's Earth.

8. Maab of the Ten Tribes

Maab of the Ten Tribes Captain Captain

Gosh i'm confuzzled about all of this Kobol is Earth, Earth if Kobol stuff. I need a pie chart.

9. Noname Given

Noname Given Vice Admiral Admiral

You just shot yourself in the foot there, unless you've had a full preview of the remaining 9 episodes. Perhaps the is a 'surprise' RDM wants to keep for the series finale as well. THAT'S my entire point.

10. BolianAuthor

I'm not saying Kobol IS Earth, I'm just throwing that out there, as a possible other alternative. I have no idea what will be, but given RDM's fondness for sudden plot changes, you never know... I wouldn't put it past him. :D

11. adv1701

adv1701 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Something just occurred to me about the final five it seems as if 4 of the 5 are couples. Saul and Ellen,Tory and Anders might Tyrols chick be out there somewhere?

12. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^ No, because then it would be the 'final six'...... ;)

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Premium Member

Tyrol and Tory were "just friends."

14. m01ety

m01ety Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

She is. Her name is Boomer. She's chillin' with Cavil for a bit to get that murderous fembot rage under control, but then she's jumpin' into the arms of our lil' Chief.

Maybe? ;)

15. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Vice Admiral Premium Member

I've been quite disappointed with the S4 podcasts. They don't really seem to expound on anything. There were several times (especially when it was a full "audio commentary" with one of the other directors) when they were prattling on about something completely tangential to the show and totally blew by some things I thought might have been significant without giving it the merest recognition. The quality of these things has been lacking of late, IMHO.

16. Bones

Bones Captain Captain

I was looking at this old thread...there are a lot of interesting theories here that came somewhat true. Thought I'd resurrect it for conversation's sake.